Original Poster

Programs: BA silver
where to book Matrix search

Im looking at Matrix booking ;

DUB-PHI Finnair operated by AA Bus (I)

PHI- RDU AA First (A)

RDU-CLT AA First (A)
CLT-DUB AA Business (I)

Would I book AA or with Finnair or can I do it through BA? Would all the prices be the same?
Also, What TPs would I earn for this. Im BAexec silver.

Thanks for advice
Old Oct 10, 2015, 9:19 am
Hilton 10+ BadgeAccor 10+ Badge

Programs: *A Gold (A3), HHonor Gold
I suggest you book through AA.com rather than BA to force the domestic flight to have AA numbers and book into A class. The price will be the same.
TPs: 140+60+60+140 = 400 TPs
Old Oct 10, 2015, 9:28 am

Programs: BA Bronze, United 1K, HH Gold, SPG Platinum, Marriott Platinum
PHL, not PHI.
Old Oct 10, 2015, 9:38 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: BAEC GGL/CCR, Hilton Diamond, Starbucks Gold
As stated you should be able to book online with AA, or you could just as well phone BA, you just need to insist that they use the AA flight numbers.

If you are interested in maximising TPs then try routing via LHR, or even HEL and LHR.

Would also ask you to double check the flight as to aircraft and seat type on the DUB/PHL sector. Somebody on here can clearly advise as to what this is.
Old Oct 10, 2015, 9:44 am

Programs: BA Gold (ex-GGL, maybe future Silver), Hilton Diamond
Occasionally Matrix can show Finnair deals that aren't available online from them, so I'd be a little nervous about going through Finnair.

The first thing I'd try would be an AA booking, however. Prices will of course depend on dates.

As for the aircraft, it will depend on the dates, I believe - but if you can get on the A330 rather than B757 (these are both routing via former US Airways hubs) then it's a very good product.
Old Oct 10, 2015, 10:20 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA silver
Thank you all for your help and advice
Old Oct 10, 2015, 10:44 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: GMLFL, Life 2.0 - Mucci Premiere Classe & des Chevaliers Toulousiens
I find expedia is the most likely suspect to book an itinerary on.
Old Oct 10, 2015, 2:07 pm

Programs: MUCCI
Originally Posted by henkybaby
I find expedia is the most likely suspect to book an itinerary on.
Third-party travel agents (Expedia or otherwise) are fine.....

Until the excrement hits the fan, or you simply need to make a change of some description.

Unless its something they've messed up such as the aircraft goes tech, the airline will say 'sorry guv. call the agent'.

At least if you book direct, all the balls are in the airline's court for maximum possibility of what might in some instances end up being their be their discretionary flexibility to "help you out".

Also, my understanding is that agents don't make much money on air tickets (which is why they're so keen to flog you packages, hotels and cars). So unless you're already buddy-buddy with an agent, they are unlikely to be falling over themselves to ticket your TP runs !
Old Oct 11, 2015, 4:18 am

The most successful way I find in booking a Matrix search:

Put the EXACT same itinerary into a flight search engine such as Kayak.co.uk or such and it will list the providers it is able to find that fare with. Sometimes it will be the airline direct, more often expedia/booking.com/lastminute etc etc. Then, go to the site where it quoted the fare and book.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.