Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Tracking which aircraft is operating my service

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Dec 24, 2016, 10:42 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA Gold,

Hello all,

I'm due to be travelling to HKG on BA31 tomorrow evening and just seen on the app that it's showing as delayed by 20 mins or so.

Whilst any potential delay doesn't bother me too much, I wondered if there's a resource available to find out which aircraft BA have assigned to operate that service.

I thought it it would be quite interesting to see where that aircraft is now in order to track its progress back to LHR ahead of operating the BA31.

Any thoughts.

Many thanks and good tidings.
Old Dec 24, 2016, 10:49 am

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold & GGL & CCR, HH Diam, Bonvoy Titanium, IHG Spire, Tastecard
various websites such as

flightaware.com
flightradar24.com (FR24)

BA31 for tomorrow is indeed showing a delay on FR24 but neither today's nor tomorrow's flight has an actual aircraft assigned.

with such a small delay, my guess would be that you'll be departing on time tomorrow - the BA 'computer' shows delays when it thinks that an inbound is late but that doesn't always translate into an actual delay - especially when it's such a short one (I am not aware that that many of the 380s have that tight turn-arounds).

safe travels.
Old Dec 24, 2016, 10:57 am

Programs: BA GGL, A3*G, Mucci de l'expertise des Apps
Originally Posted by chris1979
neither today's nor tomorrow's flight has an actual aircraft assigned.
You mean it doesn't have one assigned that BA have communicated to HAL and is visible to the public (which is FR24s source I believe). Within BA they will know what their current plan is.

Incidentally, purely from personal experince, it appears this happens most often with A380s but I don't have any actual data to back it up.
Old Dec 24, 2016, 11:08 am

It's LEF at the moment, currently on a LAX rotation running a bit late.

It'll probably change as there's no SINs over xmas, so should be some spare aircraft.
Old Dec 24, 2016, 11:27 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA Gold,
Originally Posted by Jumbodriver
It's LEF at the moment, currently on a LAX rotation running a bit late.

It'll probably change as there's no SINs over xmas, so should be some spare aircraft.
Many thanks for this, very interesting. May I ask, how we're you able to find out it was LEF?

Cheers.

edit. Just seen your handle!
Old Dec 24, 2016, 11:31 am

I've always wondered whether such information was publicly available as well – for those of us who are curious about the patterns that aircraft operate.

I can see how this might well be considered commercially sensitive though…
Old Dec 24, 2016, 12:01 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci des Hommes Magiques et Magnifiques
We can use an internal website.
Old Dec 25, 2016, 3:22 am

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold & GGL & CCR, HH Diam, Bonvoy Titanium, IHG Spire, Tastecard
Originally Posted by Airprox
You mean it doesn't have one assigned that BA have communicated to HAL and is visible to the public (which is FR24s source I believe). Within BA they will know what their current plan is.
yes, of course, sorry. meant to say that FR24 (nor other sites) had an a/c showing (rather than BA not having assigned one / having a plan for it).

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.