Community
Wiki Posts
Search

BA/One World Sales for Christmas

Search this Thread

Old Sep 2, 2015, 4:14 pm
Original Poster

BA/One World Sales for Christmas

I'm looking at booking a trip to Singapore from London leaving mid December, and returning mid January (thinking maybe 11th Dec, and 10th Jan, while over on that side of the world, will do a couple of trips nested), in Business or above.

ITA Matrix has BA tickets are currently running at £2.6k with a stop in Malaysia, non-stop is £3.1. Cheapest One World is Qatar with around £2k.

I booked a LHR to SIN return (actually started in LBA leaving Christmas Eve because I was going straight from a work project) at mid-November last year for with BA in J £1.4k~, so I think I must have got in right in the middle of a winter sale.

I have no idea if I was lucky with availability or that's usual for booking roughly six weeks out (still though, seemed good for Christmas Eve). Does anyone know when sales start and if they're advertised, the current deals I find on the website are just getaways up to 14 nights in economy. If there's a One World one happening that's even better, more choice.
Old Sep 2, 2015, 4:26 pm

There will likely be a good Christmas sale ex-UK again, similar to what you had last year. However most of these sales are for departures much closer to Chrismtas - 11th Dec wouldn't usually fall within scope.

That said, you should be able to get a good price (hopefully around £1k) going ex-EU, if you're prepared to be flexible with your routing.
Old Sep 2, 2015, 4:37 pm
Original Poster

Yeah I've just been unable to get away for a holiday this year so have a bunch of days to take over Dec, two weeks out is a bit far to qualify for the sale.

Ex-EU is definitely cheaper, around £1500 from Oslo, although getting to Oslo and back mitigates the savings somewhat. Or throw away the LHR-OSL return leg and try to get them to take my bags off at Heathrow.
Old Sep 2, 2015, 11:53 pm

There were two sales in November last year:

http://blog.continentalclub.co.uk/of...-fare-archive/

The really 'spectacular' one didn't start until the 28th, however.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.