Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Buying upgrade from award economy

Search this Thread

Old Aug 28, 2015, 5:55 pm
Original Poster

Buying upgrade from award economy

It takes forever to get through to BA to ask this question so I am hoping that people on this forum know the answer.
If I get award economy tickets , can I pay to upgrade to Premium economy?
I can do it on United since there is no official "premium economy" class. British however does have it so I am not sure whether it is possible
Old Aug 28, 2015, 6:02 pm

Originally Posted by innajl
It takes forever to get through to BA to ask this question so I am hoping that people on this forum know the answer.
If I get award economy tickets , can I pay to upgrade to Premium economy?
I can do it on United since there is no official "premium economy" class. British however does have it so I am not sure whether it is possible
You would need avios availabiliy to upgrade you cant pay to upgrade
Old Aug 28, 2015, 6:12 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci. Nothing else matters.
Except there is the possibility of a POUG or AUP (special offer cash upgrades offered through the BA website, or at the airport on request). But neither is guaranteed to be offered, or to be offered to any individual passenger. And if one of those offers is taken up, no Avios or TPs will be earned on the flight notwithstanding the payment, because the underlying ticket is an award ticket.
Old Aug 28, 2015, 6:15 pm

Programs: BA GGL (for now) and Lifetime Gold, Marriott fan thanks to Bonvoy Moments
Originally Posted by Anonba
You would need avios availabiliy to upgrade you cant pay to upgrade
You can sometimes (rarely?) be offered a pro-active online upgrade (POUG) via MMB - at least on shorthaul. No guarantees though. If you don't want to fly Y best wait for PE availability as Anonba said

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.