Community
Wiki Posts
Search

CPH fast track

Search this Thread

Old Jan 20, 2017, 7:20 pm

Programs: SK EBG, BAEC Gold
It probably doesn't help much (given the mixed personal experience reported both here and on other threads about CPH FastTrack), but here in any case are some pictures of the information shown on the screen above the Fast Track entrance.
(photo from 2015 - but I didn't see any change when I last went through CPH in Dec 2016 - I can update again in mid-March 2017 if needed ...).
Attached Images   
Old Jan 20, 2017, 8:21 pm
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: Oneworld, *A; Hilton, SPG
Never been through CPH, but any reason why SAS is missing from the list?
Old Jan 20, 2017, 8:36 pm

Programs: AY Plat (OWE), SK EBG (*A Gold), KQ Plat (STE+), Accor Plat
Originally Posted by jdtravels
SAS has a whole another priority security checkpoint.

I, too, have found the CPH fast track very leniant. I have been let in with a guest when there were absolutely terrible queues to the real thing. Forever I'm thankful to the manning officer.
Old Jan 20, 2017, 8:38 pm

Programs: SK EBG, BAEC Gold
Originally Posted by jdtravels
Very good question! There is a separate fast-track entrance on a different side of the departure hall for passengers flying on SAS in business class, or in Y with SK status.

When that separate fast-track is closed, or for passengers with star-gold status on SK, but flying other airlines the situation is complicated enough for a separate thread ... http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/sas-e...rack-gold.html
Old Jan 21, 2017, 5:38 pm
brp
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP, BA Silver, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton diamond, Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by CPH-Flyer
I have never had problems with my Japan Airlines OWE and BA Y in Copenhagen. I have always been let in just by scanning the boarding pass. So I assume BA pays for all OWE passengers not just BAEC OWE.
Is this a BP that you get checking in at the airport as opposed to something printed via online check-in? Maybe they code something into even the Y BPs that indicates OWE status? I only suggest this because it seems pretty clear from the signage shown in this thread that BA Y should not, in and of itself, qualify.

Cheers.
Old Jan 22, 2017, 2:28 am
Suspended

Last edited by simonrp84; Jul 1, 2017 at 6:54 am
Old Jan 22, 2017, 5:58 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: JAL Metal Card (OWE), SAS Eurobonus Gold (*G), Marriott Titanium (LTP), Tokyu Hotels Platinum
Originally Posted by brp
Is this a BP that you get checking in at the airport as opposed to something printed via online check-in? Maybe they code something into even the Y BPs that indicates OWE status? I only suggest this because it seems pretty clear from the signage shown in this thread that BA Y should not, in and of itself, qualify.

Cheers.
Home printed boarding passes used to also show status, I don't think there is a difference in the information contained in the 2D barcode between home and airport printed.

That being said, it was airport boarding passes.
Old Jan 22, 2017, 6:16 am

Programs: BA Gold; Turkish Miles&SmilesElite;; Freccia Alata Plus; Amex Platinum; SPG Gold; Marriott Gold Elit
Flying on an ex-EU to SFO last summer, my son and I were confronted by a queue that stretched pretty much the entire length of the balcony. We were booked in C so we made our way through the crowd (which spread the entire width of the balcony and made getting through challenging and a tad embarrassing) to the premium channel. This is inconveniently to the right if the main security entrance so once again pushing through the throng is the only choice to reach the entrance.

No problem accessing the premium lane and we breezed through to the lounge. Had we not been proactive we would have been in danger of missing the flight.

In August on our return (we made use of a London stop over to then create a weekend in CPH) the queue was not as bad and we had no trouble getting four PAC through premium. Three were C one Y, one Gold, one bronze and two blue.
Old Jan 22, 2017, 8:20 am
brp
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by simonrp84
Back when I flew BA I never managed to get through the CPH fast-track BP scan with a Y-class ticket (as Gold or Silver BAEC). I always had to get assistance. Didn't matter if I'd printed at home or had the agent print it at the desk, it never worked (out of something like 80 attempts).
It sounds, though, that with their manual assistance, you were able to get through the Fast Track line, correct?

Originally Posted by Mapman
Flying on an ex-EU to SFO last summer, my son and I were confronted by a queue that stretched pretty much the entire length of the balcony. We were booked in C so we made our way through the crowd (which spread the entire width of the balcony and made getting through challenging and a tad embarrassing) to the premium channel. This is inconveniently to the right if the main security entrance so once again pushing through the throng is the only choice to reach the entrance.
May I ask what time of day this was and weekday/weekend?

No problem accessing the premium lane and we breezed through to the lounge. Had we not been proactive we would have been in danger of missing the flight.

Originally Posted by Mapman
In August on our return (we made use of a London stop over to then create a weekend in CPH) the queue was not as bad and we had no trouble getting four PAC through premium. Three were C one Y, one Gold, one bronze and two blue.
So, Y still made it with proper status credentials. Or was that the blue member and they just let that person through to accompany the party?

Cheers.
Old Jan 22, 2017, 10:25 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, EI Silver, HH Gold, BW Gold, ABP, Seigneur des Horaires des Mucci
I flew quite a bit from CPH as silver. For a long time it would not open fast track but the chap would let me through. The one time I flew CE it opened automatically.
Old Jan 22, 2017, 3:33 pm

Programs: BA Gold; Turkish Miles&SmilesElite;; Freccia Alata Plus; Amex Platinum; SPG Gold; Marriott Gold Elit
Originally Posted by brp
It sounds, though, that with their manual assistance, you were able to get through the Fast Track line, correct?

May I ask what time of day this was and weekday/weekend?

This was for the 1040 BA 813 on a Thursday - 14 July to be precise.

So, Y still made it with proper status credentials. Or was that the blue member and they just let that person through to accompany the party?

Cheers.
Blue member, as a guest.
Old Jan 23, 2017, 3:51 am

Programs: BA Gold, CX Gold (OW Sapphire), Hilton Gold, SPG Gold, Accor Platinum
Indeed - as a CPH regular, the boarding passes (in whatever form - mobile, print at home, card stock) for eligible customers travelling in Y simply don't open the auto-gate for Fast Track and require a secondary scan with the human manning the gate who will then let you through. (I speak as someone who is commuting weekly in Y on BA through CPH). CE boarding passes will auto work.

Depending on your "human control" officer, they may ask to see the appropriate card (either on App or in Physical form) even if it is printed on the boarding pass, but most of the time, they can see it says the right thing and let you through. Depending on how busy the whole place is, they may or may not let you take a guest.
Old Jan 23, 2017, 8:04 am
brp
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Jordan D
Indeed - as a CPH regular, the boarding passes (in whatever form - mobile, print at home, card stock) for eligible customers travelling in Y simply don't open the auto-gate for Fast Track and require a secondary scan with the human manning the gate who will then let you through. (I speak as someone who is commuting weekly in Y on BA through CPH). CE boarding passes will auto work.

Depending on your "human control" officer, they may ask to see the appropriate card (either on App or in Physical form) even if it is printed on the boarding pass, but most of the time, they can see it says the right thing and let you through. Depending on how busy the whole place is, they may or may not let you take a guest.
Thanks. We are both AA EXP (OWE) on our own, so (for our case) the guest issue will not come up.

Cheers.
Old Mar 6, 2017, 2:01 am

Programs: BA GGL, UA Plat, DL Plat, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by brp
Thanks. We are both AA EXP (OWE) on our own, so (for our case) the guest issue will not come up.

Cheers.
I'll be passing through at about 0600 on a Tuesday in a couple of weeks - do any of the regulars have a feel for the likely queue time for the non-priority line ?
Old Mar 6, 2017, 6:52 am
brp
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Fitch
I'll be passing through at about 0600 on a Tuesday in a couple of weeks - do any of the regulars have a feel for the likely queue time for the non-priority line ?
Well, definitely now a regular (just the one time), but Monday morning at this time was very light. We had checked in the night before at the BA desk as we were staying at the airport Hilton and the TA indicated that there would be no line...and she was correct. Fast track and regular lines were pretty much non-existent. Passport check the same.

Cheers.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.