Wiki Posts
Search

BA T5 lounge refurb/hard product

Search this Thread

Old Aug 9, 2015, 8:46 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA Gold (OneWorld Emerald)

I've seen a few mumblings about BA going to do some work on the T5 lounges but nothing concrete.

I've flown a lot with Lufthansa recently and while their food offering is generally dismal, their lounges are spotless, the bathrooms and showers stunning and there is always a quiet zone to get some rest. At BA T5, the fittings, particularly the showers loos and the North Lounge, are getting old and yucky and there is absolutely nowhere (not even in CCR unless you book one of the three cabanas years in advance) to sit quietly and get some rest.

Now the Aspire lounge has opened, which does offer sleep pods, do we think they'll be any rush for BA to start a refurb programme? If it's already planned, any ideas what this is going to look like?
Old Aug 9, 2015, 9:37 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold, SQ Gold, KQ Platinum, IHG Diamond Ambassador, Hilton Gold, Marriott Silver, Accor Silver
A refurbishment of all of the T5 lounges is planned. The fit-out will presumably be similar to be new 'British Airways Lounge' concept as seen currently at IAD, CPT, GLA, EDI, AMS and BHD, and soon to be unveiled at SIN and DXB.
Old Aug 9, 2015, 12:39 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Glad to hear Lufty at FRA has improved their Senator and Biz class lounges. They were very poor in comparison to the T5 lounges

Originally Posted by Genius1
A refurbishment of all of the T5 lounges is planned. The fit-out will presumably be similar to be new 'British Airways Lounge' concept as seen currently at IAD, CPT, GLA, EDI, AMS and BHD, and soon to be unveiled at SIN and DXB.
Very nice the concept is too.
Old Aug 9, 2015, 4:16 pm

Programs: BA- blue, BD,DL

Will BA use the Aspire lounge during the refurb?
I see Emirates is currently using the BA T3 lounge

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.