Wiki Posts
Search

Day change

Search this Thread

Old Jul 6, 2015, 7:00 am
Original Poster

Programs: Avios Voyager
Day change

With great foresight and planning months ago I pounced on 2 business class seats JFK-YVR for travel in September (just after the Labor Day weekend). Now of course...our plans need to change, by one day

Does anyone have any advice as to whether Cathay are likely to ever release more seats in September or have we missed the boat? It's not the end of the world but if I'm going to have to need to check obsessively 4 times a day for the next two months, I'd like to know I at least have the slightest chance of a win here! I'm using Avios. Also is there a better time of day to check - am/pm/middle of the night London time? Thanks for any advice!
Old Jul 6, 2015, 7:42 am

Programs: OWS IHG Diamond + Accor Plat, Scandic Top Level
I assume you booked with Avios? and therefore through BA?

I believe that BA seats are released early hours UK time, but how that ties in with CX I dont know. It may be better if this was moved to the BA thread for more experience to be shared.
Old Jul 6, 2015, 10:36 am
Original Poster

Programs: Avios Voyager
Thanks... I'll give it a bash!
Old Jul 6, 2015, 10:48 am

Programs: MPC,CA,MU,AF
This is on Avios redemption. I am moving this thread to the BA forum.

cxfan1960
CX CoMod
Old Jul 6, 2015, 12:20 pm
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold. GGL/CCR.
Originally Posted by tomsafrica
Does anyone have any advice as to whether Cathay are likely to ever release more seats in September or have we missed the boat?
Might be worth checking AA and US too although I don't think there's a direct service. If you find what you need you can cancel your Cathay Avios redemption and book with the other airline. Might be worth doing the new booking first and then canceling the existing one.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.