Community
Wiki Posts
Search
View Poll Results: To give the caterers an idea on numbers, please indicate if you plan to order food
Yes
81.67%
No
18.33%
Voters: 60. You may not vote on this poll

Old Jun 24, 2015, 3:09 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: dutch_122

Venue
Shepherd Hall
St Thomas’ Hospital
Westminster Bridge Road
London
SE1 7EH

Google maps
PDF map
Virtual tour of Shepherd Hall

Nearby hotels include: Premier Inn County Hall and York Road, Park Plaza County Hall, Westminster, Riverbank, Hilton Bankside - new opening, Doubletree Westminster, Hampton Waterloo, and Marriott County Hall.

Food & Drink
Food and drink will be available for purchase on the evening. Card machines will be working so you can pay by card. All profits are re-invested into the Trust and the venue is being provided to us completely free of charge.

It would help to get a rough idea of how many people will be looking to eat so if you are intending to order food there will be a poll on the thread added soon so please indicate.

Food price list
Drinks price list

Hotels
Current sales
Please highlight any sales which cover Friday night.

Where are you staying?
KARFA, Andriyko - The Trafalgar
Chandler Bing - Intercontinental
atmorris, aks120 - Crowne Plaza - The City
agehall, PleasureFlyer, Mr BAGoldBoy, Mrs BAGoldBoy, ELK, BA0197- Hilton Bankside
toothy - St Ermins
DYKWIA - Park Plaza Riverbank
ABeautifulPlaceInThe - Browns Hotel

Attendees updated to post #414
Confirmed - 123
1P, ABeautifulPlaceInThe, af101, agehall, aks120, aircrashsurvivor, aircrashsurvivor+1, ak259, Andriyko, Arsey00, atmorris, BA or bust, BA0197, BAGoldBoy (Mr), BAGoldBoy (Mrs), bermondseyflyer, bettertoturnleftthanright, BLHD, Blue Skye, Blue Skye+1, BoeBus, BoeBus+1, bruno-s, chalf, Chandler Bing, Chandler Bing+1, choosethedrew, chris1979, corporate-wage-slave, Cris L, Cymro, danielbk, danielbk+1, Dark Blue, DGM1985, Docklandsguy, dutch_122, DYKWIA, EI147, ELK, elsanchez, Etting, Farringdon, Filthy Monkey, GadgetGal, Gagravarr, Gagravarr+1, gav0106, GodAtum, GodAtum+1, Gomac, gustavmahler, gustavmahler+1, haasha, hcuk94, Hoch, hsmall, hugolover, JamieABZ, jh321, johnaalex, johnaalex+1, johnny5a, JustTheOne, KARFA, KeaneJohn, LDNConsultant, LDNConsultant+1, linzbh, London_traveller, London_traveller+1, LondonAndy, LondonCanuck, MacMyDay, MacMyDay+1, MarkLHR, matt84travel, matthandy, MsCapricorn, njf63, nomadic.relief, nwmgc, nwmgc+1, our_kid, Pandra, Pandra+1, Pawel Siewko, Physci, PJSMITH0, PleasureFlyer, PleasureFlyer+1, Primosec52, Quarky Quark, Richmond_Surrey, sag3gonzals2, sag3gonzals2+1, saltytheseagull, Same but different, Same but different+1, Sards, Sards+1, sebastiansw3, seddon, skye1, skye1+1, Shl, Shl+1, sigma421, Sixth Freedom, sl1ppy, small_clanger, TheFatCat, TheFlyingDoctor, thejohn, Tintin_on_the_road, Tintin_on_the_road+1, toothy, TravellerFrequently, TravellerFrequently+ 1, vgang, visualAd, winchpete

Possible - 26
airpricing, Beano HK, bibbju, chuichi, fransknorge, mr hsmall, Jamier45, JAXBA, JimboandtheJetset, Justonemore, MarkedMan, megaloman, MrMutton, nmnm224, olybeast, olybeast+1, papabear, papyPiHi, PETER01, robertf999, seaskybound, ThatT1Feeling, themapelligroup, wizla, wizla+1, Yahillwe, youngbaflyer
Print Wikipost

The 2015 London DO - Friday 30th October

Search this Thread

Old Oct 28, 2015, 9:08 am

Programs: BA Gold, IHG Platinum, HH Diamond, Hertz PC,
Originally Posted by KARFA
Is there a colour palette for the Do? I am going to spend this evening trying on various outfits and I wouldn't want to clash.
Surely it has to be grey t-shirt, black leather jacket and shaved head in honour of angeloedades who can't attend (due to a TP run around Aus/NZ)
Old Oct 28, 2015, 11:13 am

Programs: BAEC Gold
Originally Posted by KARFA
Is there a colour palette for the Do? I am going to spend this evening trying on various outfits and I wouldn't want to clash.
Surely someone is going to turn up in some pj's. Might as well be you KARFA
Old Oct 28, 2015, 1:09 pm

Programs: OW/AA, DL, UA; Marriott Titanium
Talking Yanks, Cousins, Others

Originally Posted by saltytheseagull
I'm looking forward to this!
As one the few (or maybe the only) Yank attending does anyone fancy any US goodies? Iaccept Champagne (and £) as payment

Not at all the only Yank, and if you're talking US (the country, and not the now-extinct airline) you'll have a taker. Yes, happy to repay in liquid currency.

Originally Posted by chris1979
great - welcome onboard.
you won't be the only Yank. one of the attendees doesnt even have a BAEC account though he's a regular DO attendees and we are very welcoming to our Cousins from AAnother AAirline (or others indeed).
Who could that be? 🇺🇸 🇺🇸 🇺🇸. 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧

Originally Posted by chris1979
Ladies and Gentlemen, KARFA and others,
So there's "Ladies" and "Gentlemen"' , and then, what, not fitting into either of those categories, "Karfa", and then if you're not a lady, nor a gent, nor a Karfa, an "other" ? 😁
Old Oct 28, 2015, 5:31 pm

Programs: DL, BA Silver, VS, BA Amex PP
Hello everyone, sadly I have to move from a possible to a No. I hope you all have a wonderful time.

(I know you're all very generous people so won't need any encouragement to bid early and bid often in the auction but if I can put in a quick word for the Evelina children's hospital which is one of the beneficiaries... my younger daughter spent three nights in the paediatric intensive care ward earlier in the summer and everyone and everything was amazing given the circumstances. It is a building full of hope.
Also, one thing I really liked was that the donations go towards both "big ticket" items but also towards making the hospital more human for the kids - so things like stickers, or bedding with characters on to use instead of the standard hospital issue. So best of luck to everyone bidding!)
Old Oct 29, 2015, 12:48 am

Programs: BA Executive Club
Looks like I posted in the auction thread instead, but see you all tomorrow. Looking forward to it.
Old Oct 29, 2015, 2:52 am

Originally Posted by Physci
Surely it has to be grey t-shirt, black leather jacket and shaved head in honour of angeloedades who can't attend (due to a TP run around Aus/NZ)
In honour of angeloedades I have got seq001 for my flight tomorrow
Old Oct 29, 2015, 3:04 am

Programs: BA Gold, Hilton Diamond, Accor Gold
My fingers are poised waiting for my check-in to open in 10 minutes! Never had a seq001 before! How geeky.
Old Oct 29, 2015, 3:17 am

Programs: BA Gold, Hilton Diamond, Accor Gold
Damn, 005. Must be other FTers on that flight!
Old Oct 29, 2015, 3:44 am
Hilton Contributor BadgeAccor Contributor Badge

Programs: HH Diamond, BA Gold, IHG Gold, Oman Gold
Thanks

Originally Posted by JimboandtheJetset
Hello everyone, sadly I have to move from a possible to a No. I hope you all have a wonderful time.

(I know you're all very generous people so won't need any encouragement to bid early and bid often in the auction but if I can put in a quick word for the Evelina children's hospital which is one of the beneficiaries... my younger daughter spent three nights in the paediatric intensive care ward earlier in the summer and everyone and everything was amazing given the circumstances. It is a building full of hope.
Also, one thing I really liked was that the donations go towards both "big ticket" items but also towards making the hospital more human for the kids - so things like stickers, or bedding with characters on to use instead of the standard hospital issue. So best of luck to everyone bidding!)
Hi JimboandtheJetset

Sorry you can not make it, and thanks for the kind words about Evelina. It is a pleasure for me to be able to work with them, and on many fundraising events, it is a place with great people, and it is always good to hear word such as yours. All the best
Old Oct 29, 2015, 3:48 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold & GGL & CCR, HH Diam, Bonvoy Titanium, IHG Spire, Tastecard
Originally Posted by JamieABZ
Damn, 005. Must be other FTers on that flight!
silvers aren't allowed seqs 001-004
Old Oct 29, 2015, 5:01 am

Main wiki disappeared

Since the poll for food went up I don't seem to beable to access the main wiki, with list of who's attending , hotels, etc?
Is it me?
Am I missing anything, by not having it?
Old Oct 29, 2015, 5:57 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold & GGL & CCR, HH Diam, Bonvoy Titanium, IHG Spire, Tastecard
Originally Posted by Sards
Since the poll for food went up I don't seem to beable to access the main wiki, with list of who's attending , hotels, etc?
Is it me?
Am I missing anything, by not having it?
nothing has changed but just in case anyone else has same problems, here's the wiki:

Venue
Shepherd Hall
St Thomas’ Hospital
Westminster Bridge Road
London
SE1 7EH

Google maps
PDF map
Virtual tour of Shepherd Hall

Nearby hotels include: Premier Inn County Hall and York Road, Park Plaza County Hall, Westminster, Riverbank, Hilton Bankside - new opening, Doubletree Westminster, Hampton Waterloo, and Marriott County Hall.

Food & Drink
Food and drink will be available for purchase on the evening. Card machines will be working so you can pay by card. All profits are re-invested into the Trust and the venue is being provided to us completely free of charge.

It would help to get a rough idea of how many people will be looking to eat so if you are intending to order food there will be a poll on the thread added soon so please indicate.

Food price list
Drinks price list

Hotels
Current sales
Please highlight any sales which cover Friday night.

Where are you staying?
KARFA, Andriyko - The Trafalgar
Chandler Bing - Intercontinental
atmorris, aks120 - Crowne Plaza - The City
agehall, PleasureFlyer, Mr BAGoldBoy, Mrs BAGoldBoy, ELK, BA0197, dutch_122 - Hilton Bankside
toothy - St Ermins
DYKWIA - Park Plaza Riverbank
ABeautifulPlaceInThe - Browns Hotel

Attendees updated to post #414
Confirmed - 123

1P, ABeautifulPlaceInThe, af101, agehall, aks120, aircrashsurvivor, aircrashsurvivor+1, ak259, Andriyko, Arsey00, atmorris, Banana4321, BA or bust, BA0197, BAGoldBoy (Mr), BAGoldBoy (Mrs), bermondseyflyer, bettertoturnleftthanright, BLHD, Blue Skye, Blue Skye+1, BoeBus, BoeBus+1, bruno-s, chalf, Chandler Bing, Chandler Bing+1, choosethedrew, chris1979, corporate-wage-slave, Cris L, Cymro, danielbk, danielbk+1, Dark Blue, DGM1985, Docklandsguy, dutch_122, DYKWIA, EI147, ELK, elsanchez, Etting, Farringdon, Filthy Monkey, GadgetGal, Gagravarr, Gagravarr+1, gav0106, GodAtum, GodAtum+1, Gomac, gustavmahler, gustavmahler+1, haasha, hcuk94, Hoch, hsmall, hugolover, JamieABZ, jh321, johnaalex, johnaalex+1, johnny5a, JustTheOne, KARFA, KeaneJohn, LDNConsultant, LDNConsultant+1, linzbh, London_traveller, London_traveller+1, LondonAndy, LondonCanuck, MacMyDay, MacMyDay+1, MarkLHR, matt84travel, matthandy, megaloman, MsCapricorn, njf63, nomadic.relief, nwmgc, nwmgc+1, our_kid, Pandra, Pandra+1, Pawel Siewko, Physci, PJSMITH0, PleasureFlyer, PleasureFlyer+1, Primosec52, Quarky Quark, Richmond_Surrey, sag3gonzals2, sag3gonzals2+1, saltytheseagull, Same but different, Same but different+1, Sards, Sards+1, sebastiansw3, seddon, skye1, skye1+1, Shl, Shl+1, sigma421, Sixth Freedom, sl1ppy, small_clanger, TheFatCat, thejohn, Tintin_on_the_road, Tintin_on_the_road+1, toothy, TravellerFrequently, TravellerFrequently+ 1, vgang, visualAd, winchpete

Possible - 26
airpricing, Beano HK, bibbju, chuichi, fransknorge, mr hsmall, Jamier45, JAXBA, JimboandtheJetset, Justonemore, MarkedMan, MrMutton, nmnm224, olybeast, olybeast+1, papabear, papyPiHi, PETER01, robertf999, seaskybound, ThatT1Feeling, themapelligroup, wizla, wizla+1, Yahillwe, youngbaflyer
Old Oct 29, 2015, 11:05 am

Programs: BA Gold
Unhappy Cannot Come

Mrs Hoch just got saddled with some work that will keep her in the office late Friday night (and tonight). With no one else to watch our son it falls to me. Annoyingly, we had family in town last weekend.

I hope everyone has a good time and that our Dutch saviour, dutch_122 is given a warm reception for all the work is does for us.

Bugger.

H
Old Oct 29, 2015, 11:20 am

Thank you for that Chris1979,

So, circa 140 people attending,
48 eating
8 not eating
Equals 56 replies.

So, what are the other 84 people doing?
Not eating? Or not , not eating ?
But that places them all in the eating. Or not eating category!!

Conundrums!!

Will be interesting to see what those that haven't added their name to either list do!
Pity it's the majority who see fit to not feel the need to reply , to a polite request by the organizers
Old Oct 29, 2015, 11:25 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, IHG Gold, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by Sards
Thank you for that Chris1979,

So, circa 140 people attending,
48 eating
8 not eating
Equals 56 replies.

So, what are the other 84 people doing?
Not eating? Or not , not eating ?
But that places them all in the eating. Or not eating category!!

Conundrums!!

Will be interesting to see what those that haven't added their name to either list do!
Pity it's the majority who see fit to not feel the need to reply , to a polite request by the organizers
My +1 is not eating either but I can only vote once so I guess that would account to some of the 'others'. So make it 9 not eating at least then.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.