Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Laptop power on 767 in CW

Search this Thread

Old May 27, 2015, 8:19 am
Original Poster

Laptop power on 767 in CW

I've read some stuff online but it isn't very clear and hoping someone on here can help.

The BA 767 looks to have EMPOWER in CW http://www.britishairways.com/cms/gl...ep13_181kb.pdf , but I cannot seem to find many EMPOWER adapters online.

I want to plug in my laptop on a long flight - I have both UK and US plugs. Can anyone recommend an adapter?

Also, how likely is it that they will have adapters onboard?

thanks
Old May 27, 2015, 8:50 am

Programs: BA Pyrite
Very very low chance that adapters are carried on board (probably zero).

Maplin is the place to get a cheap but effective Empower <-> USB adapter:
http://www.maplin.co.uk/p/aircraft-t...le-white-n53ju

I'm not sure about an adapter to UK or US mains standard sockets though.

Last edited by Zzzap; May 27, 2015 at 8:52 am Reason: Clarified adapter is USB only
Old May 27, 2015, 9:06 am

Programs: BA Bronze
I wouldn't trust Maplin's power rating of that empower usb charger... 1449W seems like an awful lot :S

Very unlikely they'll have one on board, but you can buy them in Dixon's I think, but they are expensive!
Old May 27, 2015, 9:19 am

Programs: BAEC Gold
Originally Posted by CountryKerry
I wouldn't trust Maplin's power rating of that empower usb charger... 1449W seems like an awful lot :S

Very unlikely they'll have one on board, but you can buy them in Dixon's I think, but they are expensive!
The item specs reveal the real rating:
USB output: DC 5V / 1A

Sounds pretty normal for USB, although it's more common these days to be able to get 2A.
Old May 27, 2015, 9:36 am
Suspended

Programs: Marriott Platinum and BAEC blue again :'(
I highly recommend the Acco/Kingston universal adapter that has empower as one of its connections.

Amazon Amazon
Old May 27, 2015, 3:00 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold, SQ Gold, KQ Platinum, IHG Diamond Ambassador, Hilton Gold, Marriott Silver, Accor Silver
Empower adaptors were only carried onboard in First ('Classic' First at that). They may still be available on the three remaining OF 744s, although they equally may have been removed given these cabins are no longer sold as First.
Old May 27, 2015, 3:45 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BAEC: Silver - Marriott: Titanium
Can I just point out…

Empower Adaptor packs ARE carried onboard the Long Haul 767 fleet, 6 of them in the Tech canister by D2L, but, depending on the power connection for the item involved, they may not work…

However, they ARE carried. Most of them are complete, apart from the ones where items have "gone missing" from the pack when it is handed back at the end of the flight.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.