Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Has BA lounge re-opened in Rome FCO? [re-opened 01 March 2016]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Has BA lounge re-opened in Rome FCO? [re-opened 01 March 2016]

Search this Thread

Old Aug 16, 2015, 12:55 pm

Programs: Mucci de la Cuisine Aérienne du Réseau Courte Durée de British Airways
Originally Posted by TabTraveller
There are other contract lounges at FCO that BA could pay to use whilst the BA one is being fixed.
Do you not think these lounges already have a customer base? How would they be able to fit in extra customers even if they wanted to?
Old Aug 16, 2015, 1:13 pm
Suspended
Hilton Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by Littlegirl
Do you not think these lounges already have a customer base? How would they be able to fit in extra customers even if they wanted to?
When I passed through I got a very acceptable pasta and coke from the Autogrill for just over €10. I'd feel much more positively about BA had they covered the cost.

My suspicion is that if ba offered to pay for passengers to enter another lounge, the other lounges wouldn't refuse on grounds of capacity.

Last edited by FlyerTalker6245; Aug 16, 2015 at 1:23 pm Reason: Coke not cold! (iPhone spellcheck)
Old Aug 16, 2015, 1:18 pm

Programs: BAEC
Originally Posted by andset1191
When I passed through I got a very acceptable pasta and cold from the Autogrill for just over €10. I'd feel much more positively about BA had they covered the cost.

My suspicion is that if ba offered to pay for passengers to enter another lounge, the other lounges wouldn't refuse on grounds of capacity.
Well this is precisely the point. Offer a lounge or a voucher, especially to those who purchased a ticket thinking they would have this available to them.
Old Aug 16, 2015, 3:53 pm

Originally Posted by TabTraveller
Well this is precisely the point. Offer a lounge or a voucher, especially to those who purchased a ticket thinking they would have this available to them.
There are only 2 lounges open in G. The alitalia lounge and Le Anfore. I understand both are dumps with limited food and drinks.

A €10 voucher makes sense, and is something I believe other airlines are doing.
Old Aug 16, 2015, 4:11 pm

Originally Posted by secretplantofightinflation
You should definitely do this.

BA has has plenty of time now to make alternative arrangements for CE passengers. Force majeure can no longer apply, surely.
I don't think a lounge is a commitment. I believe there are other places where there is no lounge offering - do BA offer vouchers at all these?
Old Aug 16, 2015, 4:15 pm

Programs: Mucci de la Cuisine Aérienne du Réseau Courte Durée de British Airways
Originally Posted by simons1
I don't think a lounge is a commitment. I believe there are other places where there is no lounge offering - do BA offer vouchers at all these?
No.
Old Aug 16, 2015, 4:46 pm

Programs: BA Gold
I have actually had quite a few vouchers from BA at airports where there are no lounges - most recently at RTM and PUJ.

I think given that a) there was a lounge at FCO and b) other airlines are offering vouchers at FCO, BA should probably step up....

Like many are saying, this has gone on for 3 months now - plenty of time to sort something out.
Old Aug 17, 2015, 2:44 pm

Programs: BA Gold, *A Gold
When are gates announced? In other words, I will arrive at FCO about three hours early for my BA0599 flight back to LHR (CE) on Sept 2nd. Allegedly the lounge "Le Anfore" at gate G gives access to Oneworld passenger, will I be able to use it?
Old Aug 18, 2015, 3:59 am

Programs: * Gold, BA Gold
Originally Posted by londonfog
When are gates announced? In other words, I will arrive at FCO about three hours early for my BA0599 flight back to LHR (CE) on Sept 2nd. Allegedly the lounge "Le Anfore" at gate G gives access to Oneworld passenger, will I be able to use it?
Le Anfore give access with a Priority Pass card. AA pax have access because from T5 a bus takes them directly to G gates area and so AA contracted Le Anfore. There is NO access to Le Anfore with BA.

Gates are not announced until shortly before landing of the incoming aircraft. They will tell you the gate area though: G or H.

No lounge at H gates which a hell of a dump area. More like a garage waiting place with 1 bar.
Old Aug 18, 2015, 1:18 pm

Originally Posted by FCO36
Le Anfore give access with a Priority Pass card. AA pax have access because from T5 a bus takes them directly to G gates area and so AA contracted Le Anfore. There is NO access to Le Anfore with BA.

Gates are not announced until shortly before landing of the incoming aircraft. They will tell you the gate area though: G or H.

No lounge at H gates which a hell of a dump area. More like a garage waiting place with 1 bar.
In other words... no lounge.
Old Aug 18, 2015, 1:29 pm

My gate was changed from g to h around 90 mins before flight. Had to catch shuttle, reclear security and endure that horrible terminal.
Old Aug 18, 2015, 1:41 pm

Due to staff restrictions in how long they can work in certain areas due to air quality, the gates can change a few times. BA has no control over this and it is causing the odd delay too!

I think you just have to understand that this is all the result of the fire and everyone has to await the Italian authorities sorting it all out and it may take a long while yet.
Old Aug 18, 2015, 2:49 pm

Due to staff restrictions in how long they can work in certain areas due to air quality, the gates can change a few times. BA has no control over this and it is causing the odd delay too!

I think you just have to understand that this is all the result of the fire and everyone has to await the Italian authorities sorting it all out and it may take a long while yet.
Obviously you have a point, but... the fire was last May. BA could have done one of two things (or both)

1) Offer those who had book before the fire the possibility to change their ticket (Cheapest CE possible and therefore no changes). Personally, I would not have changed but it would have been a nice gesture.
2) Send an e-mail, again to those who had booked before the fire, that due to lack of lounge they would offer voucher for a drink in a bar/extra Avios/ something meaningless but something that would have showed some understanding that patience was required.

It would have been nice and it would not even have been that expensive.
Old Aug 19, 2015, 3:55 am

Programs: * Gold, BA Gold

H gates are in the same terminal where the fire. The G gates were never affected by the fire or the fumes or else as it it physically remoted from T3. If they changes from G to H and vv it is mostly because of the lack of space / gates available during peak summer times. 2 weeks ago we had to wait until the aircraft positioned right in front of the gate (H area) to have the gate number announced, and that because the gate agent called a colleague and said "the aircraft was right in front of the gate xxx".
Old Aug 27, 2015, 7:21 am

Programs: BA Silver
FCO lounge ?

Hello,

Flying PMO - FCO - BUD tomorrow on Vueling. I have a Silver status on BA. Does anyone know:
1. Is there a working lounge at FCO?
2. I have booked flights with IB codes - am I entitled lounge access (if there's one)?

Thanks!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.