Wiki Posts
Search

BCN Lounge - pool tables have gone 😔

Search this Thread

Old May 23, 2015, 7:13 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA Gold
BCN Lounge - pool tables have gone 😔

This rather in-inspiring lounge had the pool tables in the separate room to the right hand side of the entrance - alas they've now gone.

Shame, was a nice touch.

The lounge remains over crowded, with food and drinks offering that borders a joke. Nuts, crisps, cava, white wine.

Oh, and no glasses, only paper cups today.
Old May 24, 2015, 2:28 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, Vietnam Airlines Lotusmiles Platinum
Did you get the pot noodles?
Old May 24, 2015, 2:31 am
Original Poster

Pot noodles..? No. Where are they?

It was rammed prior to the departing Emirates and Egyptair flights, hardly a spare seat in the place.
Old May 24, 2015, 3:30 am
Fontaine d'honneur du Flyertalk

Programs: Reine des Muccis de Pucci; Foreign Elitist (according to others)
Originally Posted by mclachlan4321
This rather in-inspiring lounge had the pool tables in the separate room to the right hand side of the entrance - alas they've now gone.

Shame, was a nice touch.

The lounge remains over crowded, with food and drinks offering that borders a joke. Nuts, crisps, cava, white wine.

Oh, and no glasses, only paper cups today.
Really? I never saw that - I just remember it as a place that is far from the best for food and drinks. They did have ice-creams at one point as memory serves.

The only decent Lounge in Spain is Madrid 4S - which is run by Melila Hotels (I may have spelt that wrongly). Whilst the food is no great shakes, they was a wine point which promoted some really excellent Spanish wines.

However the wooden spoon has to go to Alicante - frankly that place is a dump. I was there at about 10 the other day and was underwhelmed by the very few food offering, the measly drink choice, and the complete lack of anyone cleaning the place.
Old May 24, 2015, 4:01 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by PUCCI GALORE
Really? I never saw that - I just remember it as a place that is far from the best for food and drinks. They did have ice-creams at one point as memory serves.

The only decent Lounge in Spain is Madrid 4S - which is run by Melila Hotels (I may have spelt that wrongly). Whilst the food is no great shakes, they was a wine point which promoted some really excellent Spanish wines.

However the wooden spoon has to go to Alicante - frankly that place is a dump. I was there at about 10 the other day and was underwhelmed by the very few food offering, the measly drink choice, and the complete lack of anyone cleaning the place.
Yes. As you walked into the lounge, there is a separate seating area on your right and slightly back. I only discovered the pool tables on my second or third visit.

It's amazing how really crappy some of these lounges can be isn't it. It's as if they go out of their way to be really bad.

Last edited by mclachlan4321; May 24, 2015 at 4:01 am Reason: Spelling mistake
Old May 24, 2015, 4:02 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci des Hommes Magiques et Magnifiques
I don't think that you will miss the pool table Pooch, your more a darts kinda gal.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.