Community
Wiki Posts
Search

More flight + Avis car hire bugs on ba.com

Search this Thread

Old May 20, 2015, 11:36 am
Original Poster

Programs: Bonvoy Gold, AA Plat, Volare Premier, VS Silver, National Emerald Elite, Hertz President Circle
More flight + Avis car hire bugs on ba.com

The "hidden features" of ba.com never cease to amaze me.

Has anyone found a solution to selecting different flights from the ones presented when doing a flight + car hire booking? Sometimes not all (available!) flights on that day come up when clicking on "select alternative flights". Why not?

Conversely by doing a flight booking only; if I try to add a car to the booking no car is said to be available. However cars (all classes) are available for the day if I pick a flight some time earlier or later. I have tried several dates well in the future. Same bug.

Why does ba.com insist I choose only from 6 of their flights they decided to show me (none works for me).
Old May 20, 2015, 12:36 pm

Programs: BA Silver, VS, Costa Coffee, My Waitrose
I was under the impression that flight plus car were sold into a specific fare bucket, hence .com only offers flights that the actual fare bucket is available. however if you book a normal flight then choose to add a car, it will base the price on the fare bucket sold. In an ideal World I guess the flight plus car option should do this but has a number of constraints by using a legacy GDS as it,s host which were designed to sell flights not packages.
Old May 21, 2015, 3:20 am
Original Poster

Programs: Bonvoy Gold, AA Plat, Volare Premier, VS Silver, National Emerald Elite, Hertz President Circle
I do not think it has to do with fare buckets. I cannot flights on flights that see wide open (unless the fare is not one of the usual ones listed).

In the end somehow I managed to add the flights I wanted by going through the route of getting the flights first and adding the car later. This gave an error yesterday and still today these flights do not come up under the flight+car option. Oh well.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.