Wiki Posts
Search

Missing first leg of domestic

Search this Thread

Old Apr 18, 2015, 4:34 pm
Original Poster

Programs: BA
Missing first leg of domestic

I have a man-lhr booking and I might have to miss the outbound. Now I know the rules dictate that the inbound would canceled, but I was looking for anecdotal data on how accommodating BA are in this instance. Are they likely to protect or reinstate the inbound?

And I know, I should have booked as two singles
Old Apr 18, 2015, 4:58 pm

Programs: BA, OZ, A3, VA, VS, DL, QF, former BD and others
Originally Posted by cristo
I have a man-lhr booking and I might have to miss the outbound. Now I know the rules dictate that the inbound would canceled, but I was looking for anecdotal data on how accommodating BA are in this instance. Are they likely to protect or reinstate the inbound?

And I know, I should have booked as two singles
In your situation I have booked an Avios ticket for the return only to have the crew confused on my return as they had me listed in two adjacent seats in row 1 at the same time (I had previously checked in for the return as it was same day).

To this day I am not sure if I would have been OK had I not booked a replacement ticket. I guess the robots could have cancelled my return but did not get round to it.
Old Apr 18, 2015, 5:46 pm

Programs: BA Gold
i messed up over a lost passport a few years ago. booked myself a new one way outbound to nurnberg thinking i could use my ticket to come back.... wrong! i was charged about £160 to get home and that was a loophole favour of some sort and should have been well over £300.

however, had i realised and squared it with BA first (so they said), they might have been more accomodating If you have mitigating circumstances id give it a go. you never know your luck in a raffle! certainly would not suggest you 'wing it' like i unwittingly did!
Old Apr 18, 2015, 6:36 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: AF/KL Life Plat, BA GGL+GfL, ALL Plat, Hilton Diam, Marriott Gold, blablablah, etc
The thing is that you can never be sure, and while it has happened to some people not to see the remainder of their ticket cancelled, plenty of other people have.

If you know that you will miss one leg, I would strongly recommend that you contact BA, explain why, and ask if they would be willing to let you keep your return. In many cases, two one ways may be the same price as a return so they wouldn't necessarily think that you have been deceitful to try and save money (as would be the case, for instance, if you had booked a "cheap" I return from LHR to JFK with an intention only to fly it as a one way). I personally think that this strengthens your case.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.