Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

French ATC strike - April 8/9th - April 16/18th & April 29th to May 2nd

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

French ATC strike - April 8/9th - April 16/18th & April 29th to May 2nd

Search this Thread

Old Apr 9, 2015, 4:43 pm

Programs: BAEC GGL/CCR
Flew HEL to LHR yesterday which was delayed because of earlier delays crossing France ATC on its way into LHR for the outbound leg. Spoke to the crew and it was touch and go whether they would be able to complete their final leg to BUD without hitting their max flying hours, so easy to see how the knock on effects accumulate.
Old Apr 9, 2015, 8:11 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: AF/KL Life Plat, BA GGL+GfL, ALL Plat, Hilton Diam, Marriott Gold, blablablah, etc
Originally Posted by Yahillwe
Thank you, and thanks for your reply.
Pleasure! Hope your flight goes well tomorrow!
Old Apr 10, 2015, 12:52 am
Moderator: Qatar Airways

Programs: BAEC GfL & GGL, SQ Gold, Amex Centurion, Mucci des Chevaliers des Bons Mots et Qui Savent Moucher
I'm flying on 3rd May LHR-CDG-DOH-BKK.

I'm hoping French ATC will be functioning properly, and that BA have their planes in the right places!
Old Apr 10, 2015, 3:06 pm

Programs: BA silver
We are due to fly to Thessaloniki on 18th April. If by any chance the flight was cancelled due to the strike, would BA honour our TP,s that we would have earned?
Old Apr 10, 2015, 3:37 pm

Programs: BA Gold & HH Silver
Originally Posted by sarahuk
We are due to fly to Thessaloniki on 18th April. If by any chance the flight was cancelled due to the strike, would BA honour our TP,s that we would have earned?
No. It's disruption not caused by BA and you will be able to rebook to another date should your flight be cancelled.
Old Apr 11, 2015, 10:03 am
Hilton 10+ BadgeAccor 10+ Badge

Programs: *A Gold (A3), HHonor Gold
Negotiations with the ATC are scheduled for 13th April. We will know the next day if the strikes planned for 16th to 18th April will happen or be cancelled.
Old Apr 12, 2015, 4:53 am

Originally Posted by fransknorge
Negotiations with the ATC are scheduled for 13th April. We will know the next day if the strikes planned for 16th to 18th April will happen or be cancelled.
Thanks for the info.
Old Apr 12, 2015, 4:56 am

Originally Posted by BLHD
No. It's disruption not caused by BA and you will be able to rebook to another date should your flight be cancelled.
Oh dear. We may not be able to fly again in time before the end of my exec year expiry date and I need the TP's to remain silver.
Old Apr 12, 2015, 5:25 am

Programs: BA GGL (for now) and Lifetime Gold, Marriott fan thanks to Bonvoy Moments
Originally Posted by sarahuk
Oh dear. We may not be able to fly again in time before the end of my exec year expiry date and I need the TP's to remain silver.
Was SKG cancelled in the last strike period? IIRC it's not a high frequency route, and with consequences of a cancellation being a fair bit of EU261 expense (hotels etc., not compensation) for a leisure route it may not be high up the list for cancellation

(I'm focused on MRS myself - 1 flight a day out of 3 cancelled...)
Old Apr 12, 2015, 5:57 am

Programs: BAEC / Hilton Honors / Accor
Should the strikes go ahead is the 29th April - 2nd May strike up to and including the 2nd or will it be back to work on the 2nd.

Flying to Nice in the afternoon of Saturday May the 2nd to photograph a friends wedding a couple of days later.
Old Apr 12, 2015, 8:19 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: AF/KL Life Plat, BA GGL+GfL, ALL Plat, Hilton Diam, Marriott Gold, blablablah, etc
Originally Posted by 1HourPhoto
Should the strikes go ahead is the 29th April - 2nd May strike up to and including the 2nd or will it be back to work on the 2nd.

Flying to Nice in the afternoon of Saturday May the 2nd to photograph a friends wedding a couple of days later.
It is 29/4 - 2/5 inclusive.
Old Apr 13, 2015, 6:58 am

Programs: LH HON,BA GGL GfL,Hyatt LT Glob,Mrtt LT P,Hilt LT D,IC Amb,Acc P,GHA Tit,LHW Strlg,Sixt/Av/Hz D/Pres
Any news yet on the strike on the 16th?
Old Apr 13, 2015, 8:05 am

Programs: BA Bronze,Accor.Flightdiary.net/liamvad
I am going to ARN on Saturday,I am hoping this will not affect me at all???
Old Apr 13, 2015, 9:31 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, M&M, HHonors Gold
Were flights to/from Germany affected during strike. I stupidly booked flight LHR - FRA on 1st May.
Old Apr 13, 2015, 9:37 am

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold, UA Premier Platinum
Originally Posted by Football Fan
Any news yet on the strike on the 16th?
Nothing yet. Best to keep an eye on the Eurocontrol webpage - see the news section in the top right corner:

https://www.public.cfmu.eurocontrol..../gateway/spec/

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.