Wiki Posts
Search

BA LHR to SAN business

Search this Thread

Old Apr 1, 2015, 3:55 am
Original Poster

Programs: A3 Gold, BA Bronze
BA LHR to SAN business

As newcomer family to BA we have just been able to get business flights from LHR to SA after a decade with the *A. Are there suggestions where we should sit (2 adults, two reasonably well-behaved children)? I was thinking of the 4 middle seats; if so, is there a possibility of booking them ahead of the 24 hours?
Old Apr 1, 2015, 4:08 am

Programs: FB Plat; BAEC Gold
BAEC Silver and above can book for free, Bronze at T-7.

Or you can pay to book at anytime, I think it is around £75 per seat but may of just gone up. Realistically if you want the middle 4 these are the last to go but you may not get a full row at T-24, it will depend on the load.
Old Apr 1, 2015, 4:14 am

The 4 middle seats are definitely the best. If you choose the last row to the rear of the cabin the two middle seats have direct access to the aisles.

Only you know if paying for advanced seat selection is worth it. BA will promise to seat parents and children together (although in my experience they do not always honour this) but that might mean 1A+1C in one part of the cabin and 1A+1C somewhere else (or 2A+1C and 1A)
Old Apr 1, 2015, 9:27 am
Original Poster

Thank you for your help!
Old Apr 1, 2015, 10:25 am

Programs: BA Silver
Much depends on the children's age. If they are young enough to need attention or supervision the middle 4 seats are your best bet. If that's your priority, and you (or they) really wouldn't be comfortable with separation, then paying to reserve the seats buys you peace of mind. Teenagers would typically be happy with something a bit more independent. In fact it's a small cabin and even if you had two pairs of seats on different rows, however you allocate them you will not feel far away from each other. SAN is a great airport for entry to the US. Disembarking from CW you can be curb-side in under 20 minutes. Imagine that at LAX.
Old Apr 2, 2015, 1:20 am
Original Poster

Thank you! We've got relatives in SAN, so tend to spend 3-4 weeks there in the summer every year. Lovely house and pool; what's not to like. In the past we've been coming in to LAX and SFO from the pacific flights; this year is our first into SAN directly. As the kids are 5 and 7 we'll try to get the four middle ones; I just have a resistance to paying 4x90 Euro (per flight) to reserve seats in a premium cabin after paying thousands for the tickets.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.