Wiki Posts
Search

Best day to fly around Easter

Search this Thread

Old Mar 31, 2015, 11:44 am
Original Poster

Programs: HH Gold; BA Gold; Hertz PC
Best day to fly around Easter

Not specifically a BA question but planning to use my Amex 2-4-1 for a trip next Easter 2016 to Tokyo. When will the worst days to fly from T5 on an Easter break? We want to go for the cherry blossom which will probably happen around next years Easter weekend. Originally I was thinking of flying Easter Sat or Sunday but never really seeing seats available on weekends not sure if that is because they are snapped up or not released? If it was going to be hell I'd look at a few days before or after.

Thanks
Chris
Old Mar 31, 2015, 12:05 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: HH Gold, BA Silver, Accor Silver
BA have now committed to release two J class award seats on every flight 355 days in advance, so as long as 1) they're not telling porkies and 2) you're fast off the mark, you should be fine to fly whenever you want....
Old Mar 31, 2015, 1:53 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: AF/KL Life Plat, BA GGL+GfL, ALL Plat, Hilton Diam, Marriott Gold, blablablah, etc
Your idea of Easter Sunday is probably best. People either fly during the week or if they go for Easter weekend, Thursday, Friday, and Monday would be busiest O/D although Saturday might be big from many outstations (as most countries treat Good Friday as a normal work day).
Old Mar 31, 2015, 2:04 pm
Original Poster

Thanks for the thoughts.

I was thinking Easter Sunday might be the best option.

it looks like people are mentioning 1am as the release time for seats so maybe I need to stay up late as reward flights always seem to be hard to find.
Old Mar 31, 2015, 2:47 pm
Hilton Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Bonvoy LT Plat, Hilton Gold, GHA Tit, BA Gold, Turkish Elite
I'd definitely just go for whatever you see come up. Easter Sunday would be a good bet, but just check as wide a range as you can around that time. You don't really stand to gain anything from correctly guessing which day in your range will provide availability.
Old Mar 31, 2015, 2:57 pm

Programs: BA (Gold). Various other statuses
I will let you know as we are flying from T5 on Friday morning.
Old Mar 31, 2015, 3:26 pm

Programs: UA 1K, BAEC Gold
Originally Posted by tuff
I will let you know as we are flying from T5 on Friday morning.
And I on Sunday. Will post on the state of T-5 Easter Sunday.
Old Mar 31, 2015, 4:41 pm
Original Poster

Thanks guys that would be great to have some real feedback. The NRT flight is at around 1pm.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.