Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Only Us 2 in 1'st (so far), next Sun Eve LH to LHR

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Mar 21, 2015, 5:49 am
Original Poster

Begin our journey to Munich a week from Sunday for 2 weeks in the city and Upper Bavaria. As of now, the 2 of us are the only ones in 1'st for the long-haul to Heathrow. Being a Gold card holder, I'm well aware that may change (potentialy including Federal Air Marshals), yet it still puts a smile on my face. Must not forget the box of chocolates for the cabin crew (my routine gesture). Elemis quickies are booked and the Concorde Room is planned for brunch.

Pending weather, hopefully the Augustiner Keller garden is open.

...one more week of work then long-haul home to collect my spouse.

Last edited by johnston21; Mar 21, 2015 at 6:32 am
Old Mar 21, 2015, 5:53 am

Programs: BA Gold....er now Silver...er now Bronze....er now Blue
box of chocolates for the crew? Why on earth?

Well each to their own I suppose.
Old Mar 21, 2015, 6:01 am
Original Poster

With frequent long-haul travels, it never hurts to have the entire cabin crew come by to say thank you (when the Flight Service Director shares)...

Last edited by johnston21; Mar 21, 2015 at 6:32 am
Old Mar 21, 2015, 6:24 am

Programs: BA Gold & HH Silver
If anyone has the time or patience to change the abbreviations such as FSD to something readable... That would be fantastic.

OP, apologies if English isn't your mother tongue.
Old Mar 21, 2015, 6:30 am

So do you give the chocolates out at the start or end of the journey?

If the latter, does it depend on the service you receive?
Old Mar 21, 2015, 6:31 am
Original Poster

Done, noting we do speak the Queen's English in the colonies (that being Canada)...

I offer the chocolates gesture during boarding (or soon after).
Old Mar 21, 2015, 6:35 am

Programs: BA, U2+, SK, AF/KL, IHG, Hilton, others gathering dust...
Originally Posted by BLHD
If anyone has the time or patience to change the abbreviations such as FSD to something readable... That would be fantastic.

OP, apologies if English isn't your mother tongue.
Am guessing it is something like Flight Service Director, a title which I think is used by AC and maybe AA, so probably CSD/CSM in BA-speak.
Old Mar 21, 2015, 6:36 am

Programs: BA Gold & HH Silver
Originally Posted by johnston21
Done, noting we do speak the Queen's English in the colonies (that being Canada)...

I offer the chocolates gesture during boarding (or soon after).
See... I'd taken your FAMs to mean Families.

My many Canadian friends and relatives will be most disappointed to be informed they now have to use Lazy English.

Have a good flight, chocolates or not, you'll be in for a nice flight if there are just 2 of you in the cabin.
Old Mar 21, 2015, 7:07 am

Programs: BA- blue, BD,DL

Not meaning to be a party pooper as it's a nice gesture,but are cabin crew allowed to accept chocolates? It could be a terrorist plot to disable the crew?
Just don't want chocolate to go to waste!
Old Mar 21, 2015, 7:13 am
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by highpeaklad
Not meaning to be a party pooper as it's a nice gesture,but are cabin crew allowed to accept chocolates? It could be a terrorist plot to disable the crew?
Just don't want chocolate to go to waste!
Of course they are. I have given some when travelling on Christmas day. Let's not confuse ordinary life with the plot from 24
Old Mar 21, 2015, 7:15 am

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold & GGL & CCR, HH Diam, Bonvoy Titanium, IHG Spire, Tastecard
I often use chocolate to charm / 'bribe' though it's usually my natural charm (rather than chocolates) I use with / on crew.
Old Mar 21, 2015, 7:35 am
Suspended

Programs: UA 1K
You won't find any air marshals, federal or otherwise, on BA. The thing with the chocolate for the crew is surely meant as a nice gesture, but completely unnecessary (and personally I think bit odd).

Enjoy your flight.
Old Mar 21, 2015, 7:40 am
Original Poster

Though I've never known the flight crew to particpate, typically I'm offered one (if the box is big enough, and I'm behaving). They are always purchased at the airport and sealed (and I would have a receipt in my possession as well). I'm sure my frequent flyer number is referenced as well, re: my flight patterns.

...I'm just a consultant working a long, long way from home (that being Cape Town since last July). I rely on the service industry on a daily basis, and always express my appreciation.

Last edited by johnston21; Mar 21, 2015 at 7:48 am
Old Mar 21, 2015, 7:56 am

Programs: Meh
Though I've never known the flight crew to particpate, typically I'm offered one (if the box is big enough, and I'm behaving). They are always purchased at the airport and sealed (and I would have a receipt in my possession as well). I'm sure my frequent flyer number is referenced as well, re: my flight patterns.

...I'm just a consultant working a long, long way from home (that being Cape Town since last July). I rely on the service industry on a daily basis, and always express my appreciation.
Nice gesture but I would not do it. In saying that I bring a bunch of flowers to our Chinese office when visiting to brighten it up - I know all of these people personally though. Giving strangers something like a box of chocolates every time I fly with a certain airline is odd. No offence of course and it is nice to be nice.
Old Mar 21, 2015, 8:05 am

Do you expense them?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.