Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Lounge Review: CDG Cathay Pacific First and Business Class Lounge

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Mar 13, 2015, 4:10 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: BA Gold, SQ Gold, KQ Platinum, IHG Diamond Ambassador, Hilton Gold, Marriott Silver, Accor Silver

Index to Genius1 Trip Reports

Updated images from October 2018 are in Post 41 below.

Before we get to the lounge, BA have a relatively new branded check-in area located at Door 9 at basement level, in the connector building between T2A and T2C. There is a small seating area reserved for premium passengers, which has no privacy whatsoever and features some rather sorry looking faux-leather seats. The sentiment is good, but the execution is poor.

But once past security, the wonderful Cathay Pacific First and Business Class lounge awaits, located upstairs almost straight ahead once one emerges from the duty free store. The lounge is one in a collection consisting of the Etihad, Emirates and American Airlines lounges.

To the right of the reception area are the stylish marble washrooms and showers, whilst straight ahead is the main lounge area.

A private work area to the left of the main corridor entrance offers both PCs and iMacs with a wide selection of French, Chinese and international magazines and newspapers.

There is a large dining area off to the right, with a comprehensive selection of hot and cold dishes and a noodle bar. The hot dishes comprised chicken, lamb, salmon and vegetarian options, along with a selection of vegetables. I sampled the lamb and stir-fry vegetables, both of which were excellent quality. I also ordered the dan dan noodles, which were promptly made and completely delicious.

Aside from the hot options, there is a choice of salads and crudités, along with nuts, bread, soup and cheese. There were also two dessert options, both lovely.

The beverage selection, whilst not expansive, was of high quality, including Piper Heidsieck champagne.

Beyond the dining area are four distinctive and comfortable seating areas - two areas with groups of seating, a long row of single seating, and loungers along the floor to ceiling windows overlooking the apron and runway. This latter area also features five Solus chairs. Personally I find these rather claustrophobic, but they seem very popular.

Wifi was free and fast, with only a password required and no silly sign-up page. European power sockets are located throughout the lounge, although it would be handy to have some in the dining area and at the central bar dividing the dining area from the main seating area.

The lounge was kept spotlessly clean by the very friendly and professional staff throughout my 3 hour stay.

In summary, this is a lounge of an excellent standard and definitely one of the best oneworld business class outstation lounges out there.

Last edited by Genius1; Jun 24, 2020 at 4:12 am
Old Mar 13, 2015, 4:25 pm

Programs: BA Gold, SPG Platinum, Marriott Platinum, Hilton Diamond
Great lounge and a nice report. Myself and a few others spent some time here after the Paris Do in October. Hope that you enjoyed the Dan Dan noodles.
Old Mar 13, 2015, 4:32 pm

Programs: BA Gold, HH
irs always reassuring to see Cathay and noodles.

What's with bronze though and the seated area, would this not just get rammed? I'm there in a couple of weeks so will check it out.
Old Mar 13, 2015, 5:28 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: BA Gold, SQ Gold, KQ Platinum, IHG Diamond Ambassador, Hilton Gold, Marriott Silver, Accor Silver
Originally Posted by matthandy
Great lounge and a nice report. Myself and a few others spent some time here after the Paris Do in October. Hope that you enjoyed the Dan Dan noodles.
Thanks matthandy - the noodles were indeed delicious!

Originally Posted by carat22
What's with bronze though and the seated area, would this not just get rammed?
It was completely deserted when I was checking in. The seating area has enough space for about 8 people and is open to the main check-in area. It's only really useful for re-packing bags etc., not for actually checking in. 'Access' criteria is aligned with priority check-in entitlement.
Old Mar 13, 2015, 5:44 pm
GLA

Programs: BA VS
Passed through here last Sunday morning and I have to say I was really unimpressed. No atmosphere and feels like a canteen. Breakfast was average although croissants were nice (but so they should be at CDG!).

The noodles look tasty though...
Old Mar 13, 2015, 6:37 pm

Programs: VS Silver, BA Blue - finally; but hotels.com Gold :)
Just to clarify? Its a single lounge for Biz and above, and OWE and OWS?
As opposed to CX at LHR T3 which has a separate F/OWE lounge.

It dawned on me half way through the report it was a bit big for an F lounge, and some of the furniture looked a little below par compared to T3. But as a biz lounge, then it looks much above average, ^.
Old Mar 14, 2015, 12:01 am

Programs: BAEC GGL, HH Diamond.

Great lounge, my favourite in Europe
Old Mar 14, 2015, 12:53 am

Programs: BAEC Gold/GGL, IHG Diamond AMB
Originally Posted by stewaran
Great lounge, my favourite in Europe
It's a fabulous lounge - showers are great too!!!
Old Mar 14, 2015, 1:03 am

Programs: BA Silver, AF Ivory
Nice review and have to echo the positive comments, am through 6-8 times a year and always enjoy noodles and a glass of something here. I never check bags on this run and have my boarding pass on my phone so I've never seen the "premium seating area".
Old Mar 14, 2015, 1:19 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeMandarin Oriental Contributor Badge

Location: Seat 1A, Juice pretty much everywhere, Mucci des Coins Exotiques
You know a thread on this lounge was started a while ago. http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/briti...cx-lounge.html
Old Mar 14, 2015, 4:03 am

Programs: BA Gold, TK Elite, AZ CFP
One of the best oneworld lounges in Europe, probably the best in an outstation. Thanks for the brilliant report!
Old Mar 14, 2015, 4:31 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Thanks for all the comments!

Originally Posted by littlefish
Just to clarify? Its a single lounge for Biz and above, and OWE and OWS?
Yes, it's a single lounge for F/J/Emerald/Sapphire.
Old Mar 14, 2015, 4:37 am

Programs: Star Alliance Gold (A3 Gold), Oneworld Emerald (BA Gold), Hilton Diamond
Thanks for a great report and photos Genius1. The lounge looks really nice.
Old Mar 14, 2015, 9:53 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Yes this is one of the better European mainland lounges, in fact the AA lounge next door - while weaker in food/drink terms - is still a smart and comfortable lounge too. AA's lounge is open from 06 hrs to 17:30 hrs. Cathay stays open to 21:30 hrs. Those of us who remember previous CDG lounge offerings are greatly spoilt, compared to the previous options.

Originally Posted by Genius1
There is a large dining area off to the right, with a comprehensive selection of hot and cold dishes and a noodle bar. The hot dishes comprised chicken, lamb, salmon and vegetarian options, along with a selection of vegetables. I sampled the lamb and stir-fry vegetables, both of which were excellent quality. I also ordered the dan dan noodles, which were promptly made and completely delicious.
The noodle menu doesn't seem to change very much, but the other hot dishes do alter fairly regularly. This is the menu from approx 3 weeks back:

Old Mar 14, 2015, 10:37 am

Programs: BAEC GGL, HH Diamond.

Also CX lounge in FRA is opt for the later flights now which I think it wasn't previously.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.