Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Jota Aviation operating BA Cityflyer into LCY

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Mar 4, 2015, 6:50 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA GGL, UA Plat, DL Plat, Hilton Diamond

When I come back into LCY on BA4463 from my ex-EU DUB positioning, I notice that my flight is noted as "Operated by Jota Aviation For Ba Cityflyer"

Not seen that name before - is it a new arrangement or have I just never noticed ?
Old Mar 4, 2015, 6:53 am

Programs: BA GGL
It's a leased aircraft, a few of which are operating for BACF out of LCY this summer to cover maintenance etc. There was another thread on this this morning which gives a little bit of background and flavour of what you might expect.
Old Mar 4, 2015, 6:57 am

Programs: BA Blue, Hilton Honnors Silver, IHG Gold, Le Club Silver
One of the E170's has an ongoing tech issue. I was on a flight from AMS to LCY 2 weeks ago which as delayed 2 hours due to an tech issue whith on the E170's. Not to much a problem as I got to spend more time in the new Aspire Lounge at AMS, along with the AMS roof top walk!!!
Old Mar 4, 2015, 6:58 am

Programs: BAEC Silver,clubcard,clubcard plus, BA Amex................ And Mucci x3 ;)
Jota are a small outfit and as far as I'm aware this particular aircraft is SEN based. Maybe even the company I'm not sure off the top of my head.

cs
Old Mar 4, 2015, 7:14 am

Programs: I go wherever the content takes me.
Jota are SEN-based. The 146-200 must be a new acquisition for them as it doesn't appear on their website: http://www.jotagroup.com/fleetdatajotaaviation.php
Old Mar 4, 2015, 7:26 am

Programs: BAEC
Originally Posted by paul4040
Jota are SEN-based. The 146-200 must be a new acquisition for them as it doesn't appear on their website: http://www.jotagroup.com/fleetdatajotaaviation.php
It is quite a new acq.- entered in service for them in late October last year. G-SMLA is the aircraft in question.
Old Mar 4, 2015, 12:48 pm

Programs: AAdvantage Platinum, Asiana Club Silver, Flying Blue Ivory
Seems to be a single 'airliner' plane outfit.

http://www.planespotters.net/Airline/JOTA-Aviation
Old Mar 4, 2015, 1:37 pm

Programs: BAEC Silver, M&M, HHonors Gold
That's very old aircraft. I hope I won't encounter it on DUB-LCY route.
Old Mar 4, 2015, 3:25 pm

Programs: BAEC Silver,clubcard,clubcard plus, BA Amex................ And Mucci x3 ;)
Having them based at SEN brings back memories of flightline who operated as and when as well as contracted flying for BA Connect back in the day !

cs
Old Mar 4, 2015, 3:29 pm

Further digging. This actually is an ex flightline example !
Former G-OZRH which no doubt operated on behalf of BA when she was previously SEN based for flightline !

Small world

cs
Old Jun 19, 2015, 12:50 am

Angry BA operating a plane which is just about to turn 30

This Jota plane is turning up like a bad penny on BA route into LCY. BA give a few hours notice of their use of this plane by SMS and email saying very little about how they run their business.

By the way, it isn't 30 years old: it is stated to be 29.6 years old by planespottters.

Have a look at what is published as the history:

http://www.planespotters.net/Product...A-Aviation.php

Certainly not the E90 or E75 you paid for!

BA should not be behaving like this.
Old Jun 19, 2015, 1:36 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by scotinindia
This Jota plane is turning up like a bad penny on BA route into LCY. BA give a few hours notice of their use of this plane by SMS and email saying very little about how they run their business.

By the way, it isn't 30 years old: it is stated to be 29.6 years old by planespottters.

Welcome to FlyerTalk scotinindia. I do hope your journey is more pleasant than you expect!
Old Jun 19, 2015, 1:48 am

Programs: BA Gold & HH Silver
So you'd prefer your flight to be cancelled?
Old Jun 19, 2015, 4:46 am

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold & GGL & CCR, HH Diam, Bonvoy Titanium, IHG Spire, Tastecard
Originally Posted by scotinindia

welcome to Flyertalk and the BAEC forum.

though i agree and sympathise that it's never good when one's experience isn't in line with what was expected, BA isn't selling you a particular type of a/c so you haven't really paid for an E190 nor E170 (BA doesnt have 75s/175s) but you paid for transport from A to B.

I am also not sure how else BA could have behaved - spare a/c aren't really an option and better to get there on a sub leased a/c than have flights cancelled in my view.
Old Jun 19, 2015, 8:02 am

Originally Posted by BLHD
So you'd prefer your flight to be cancelled?
I'm not sure the sarcasm is really required. Is it really an unrealistic expectation that when you book with a carrier you will actually fly with them and not a 'one 30 year old plane' outfit?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.