Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Phoned BA to change booking, unable to make payment over the phone.

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Mar 4, 2015, 2:49 am
Original Poster

Hello all,

I telephoned BA to change an EDI-LCY-DUB booking to EDI-LHR-DUB as I was unable to do so on Manage My Booking. The (most helpful) agent was able to get as far as amending the booking, and this shows in MMB, but was unable to get her "secure browser" up to take payment for the £60 change fee and difference in fare. I was advised that this would be done manually within the next couple of days.

It's now two weeks on and no money has been taken from my bank account by BA. I'm not overly worried as the flight isn't until September, but I was wondering if this is normal or should I look to speak to BA again?
Old Mar 4, 2015, 3:06 am

Programs: BA Gold, TG Gold, HHonors Diamond, SPG Plat
BA ticketing do priority request by date of flight so it maybe that yours keeps falling to the end of the queue given it is still some way off.

This is not the first time this issue has been reported on this forum. Where straight-through processing on BA systems do not work, any manual process at BA can take ages. The issue is that the agent you are speaking to do not talk to ticketing directly. Everything is in a processing queue.

Suggest you phone BA again for your peace of mind. Errors do happened.
Old Mar 4, 2015, 3:12 am

Programs: BA Executive Club, Flying Blue, Miles & More, Virgin Atlantic Flying Club
This happened to me too recently when changing (twice) the dates of a flight+hotel booking. On both occasions no payment was taken initially (although the BA Holidays agent didn't notice any issues like yours did at the time). In my case it seemed to be complicated by me phoning from Belgium to BA Hols somewhere else in continental Europe, who then needed to contact BA in the UK for payment processing.

The first time BA phoned me a few weeks later to ask for my card details for manual processing and it went through straight away. The second time I proactively phoned BA as no payment had been taken again, several weeks after making the change, and I was assured that as far as BA was concerned the booking change had been made and the new ticket issued, so there wasn't a problem regarding my flight, and it sometimes takes a while for the booking and finance computers to talk to one another.

Sure enough, the day before travelling BA called me to ask for my card details again and they processed it manually and everything worked fine.

Seems to be a recurring problem but not one to get too worried about!
Old Mar 4, 2015, 4:03 am
Original Poster

Thanks both, I haven't been issued with a new ticket number yet either. I will give it a bit longer then ring, as I said the flight isn't for a while so I have a bit of wiggle-room.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.