Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Can you change a partially paid holiday booking?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jan 31, 2015, 2:28 am
Original Poster

Programs: BAEC Silver, IHG Diamond

Got a holiday booking later in the year that has been partially paid (deposit + some of the balance).
Due to a change in dates for something, this would be better at a later date.

So, does anyone know if this can be changed at this stage, not at all, or only on full payment?
Old Jan 31, 2015, 2:39 am

Programs: BA Silver
I've never used BA's holiday booking. Does it not have change conditions in the same way as a flight does? I suspect it could be more restrictive since they don't control the hotel component, which could be booked with advance (non-refundable) rates.
Old Jan 31, 2015, 2:43 am

Originally Posted by xenole
Got a holiday booking later in the year that has been partially paid (deposit + some of the balance).
Due to a change in dates for something, this would be better at a later date.

So, does anyone know if this can be changed at this stage, not at all, or only on full payment?
I have just done this with an ex-DUB holiday booking that I had only paid the deposit on. I think 'it depends' is the answer though.

Originally the guy on the phone seemed to think it wouldn't be possible, then said 'oh because it's ex-DUB it is'. I am not sure why.

I got charged 1 x 300EUR fee (he waived the same for the second passenger) and 1 x 30EUR fee for changing the car hire.

Not great, but in my circumstances it was worth doing.

I deliberately did it before the end of the sale though, as it was a fare from a previous sale, so I think it depends on your fare terms then and now.

YMMV.

Best of Luck!

Tony
Old Jan 31, 2015, 2:43 am

Programs: I go wherever the content takes me.

Many holiday bookings book into dirt cheap airfare buckets, which may or may not entertain changes.

The same applies for hotels - best to check your confirmation email. I stay in Hiltons occasionally booked through BA and invariably the cheapest rates are non-refundable.

That said, if a change is permitted, any extra fees will be added to your outstanding balance and you don't necessarily need to pay them over the phone when you ring.
Old Jan 31, 2015, 2:49 am

Programs: OneWorld, Star Alliance, SkyTeam, AMEX
xenole, I think this can be done but you'd need to call BA holidays. I am under the impression (and correct me if I am wrong) that:

- for the flight components (assuming long haul) , a standard change fee of £100 per passenger applies + fare difference. So, say, for a party of three, that would be £300 + fare difference.

So any changes would only make sense if you have already paid off a substantial amount of your (non-refundable) balance, probably in several thousands £££.

- hotel and car hire costs are calculated separately, base on hotel/car hire difference.

xenole, once you have made the call, can you report back and confirm this? I do quite a few of BA Holiday bookings and would be interested to know for sure.

Last edited by johnspenceruk; Jan 31, 2015 at 3:29 am Reason: corrected change fee info
Old Jan 31, 2015, 2:54 am

also, this might help: Package booking terms and conditions:

https://www.britishairways.com/en-gb...and-conditions
Old Jan 31, 2015, 2:58 am

Programs: BA Gold & HH Silver
Originally Posted by johnspenceruk
- for the flight components (assuming long haul) , a standard change fee of £100 per leg per passenger applies + fare difference. So, say, for a party of three, that would be £600 + fare difference.
£100pp per change so if both dates are changed at once, it's only £300 + Fare and Taxes, Fees & Carrier charges difference.
Old Jan 31, 2015, 3:07 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, Virgin Flying Club Silver
I have a number of BA holiday bookings for the year ahead and only changes I've made so far are to upgrade with Avios with very minimal cost (just the 10,000 avios) and maybe £40 each. I'm finding some amazing deals at the moment through BA holidays buying WT+ and upgrading to CW. You don't even need to pay the additional costs immediately they just take the Avios and then add any extra due to your balance.
Old Jan 31, 2015, 3:31 am

Originally Posted by BLHD
£100pp per change so if both dates are changed at once, it's only £300 + Fare and Taxes, Fees & Carrier charges difference.
OK, thanks. I corrected my post.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.