Wiki Posts
Search

BA 143 LHR-DEL on 777??

Search this Thread

Old Jan 30, 2015, 9:28 am
Original Poster

Programs: status free since 2017
BA 143 LHR-DEL on 777??

I have flown this route before and always seen it on 747 in both directions. Booked couple of a tix for Jun/Jul and seatmap is on a 777.

Any thoughts on why the equip change? Is this from 747 retirements in BA fleet?
Old Jan 30, 2015, 9:43 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

The 777 has been on and off on that route for a few years at least. I can recall coming back from DEL in 2012 on a 777.
Old Jan 30, 2015, 9:53 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci. Nothing else matters.
Originally Posted by carsnoceans
Any thoughts on why the equip change?
Equipment is always liable to change from time to time, on any route, as the demands of the network change either with the seasons or with changing circumstances.

It looks like this flight is changing from 747s to 777s at the beginning of the northern summer schedule.
Old Jan 30, 2015, 10:29 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Globaliser
Equipment is always liable to change from time to time, on any route, as the demands of the network change either with the seasons or with changing circumstances.

It looks like this flight is changing from 747s to 777s at the beginning of the northern summer schedule.
So it might change back to 747 if demand increase for '15 summer?

Never been on BA 777s CW cabin. Are the seats similar to 747?
Old Jan 30, 2015, 10:32 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

So it might change back to 747 if demand increase for '15 summer?
No, that's unlikely at this stage. I would expect northern summer 2015 to be pretty much set in stone now. Planning of this kind is done at much longer time horizons.
Never been on BA 777s CW cabin. Are the seats similar to 747?
Yes - and all other CW seats other than the 767.
Old Jan 30, 2015, 3:37 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Globaliser
No, that's unlikely at this stage. I would expect northern summer 2015 to be pretty much set in stone now. Planning of this kind is done at much longer time horizons..
So I thought. Thanks for confirming it.

Out of curiousity, this brings up another question - when incase of equipment malfunction, a replacement aircraft is brought in (a different type), doesn't that create a logistical nightmare for ops?
Old Jan 31, 2015, 7:53 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Out of curiousity, this brings up another question - when incase of equipment malfunction, a replacement aircraft is brought in (a different type), doesn't that create a logistical nightmare for ops?
Yes, it can do. Especially if (for example) a 380 has to be replaced by a 777. I can't remember the outcome of this recent one, but there was some discussion in this thread: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/briti...r-iad-lhr.html.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.