Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

This place isn't what it used to be - 2015 thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jan 16, 2015, 5:22 am

Programs: BA (LTG), Miles&More (whatever the lowest level is), Oyster card (zones 1-2)
Personally I prefer it now to how it was when I first joined, when there was lots of talks about Hot Tubs, Pink Sausages etc which probably was hysterical to a few people but gave the forum a feeing of exclusivity.

We still have legends such as C-W-S, KARFA and FilthyMonkey, among others, whose contributions are invaluable and whose willingness to pass on information despite what to the rest of us looks like really busy work schedules is fantastic.
Old Jan 16, 2015, 5:29 am

Programs: baec, HHonours
Originally Posted by ScruttonStreet
Personally I prefer it now to how it was when I first joined, when there was lots of talks about Hot Tubs, Pink Sausages etc which probably was hysterical to a few people but gave the forum a feeing of exclusivity.

We still have legends such as C-W-S, KARFA and FilthyMonkey, among others, whose contributions are invaluable and whose willingness to pass on information despite what to the rest of us looks like really busy work schedules is fantastic.
+1

This board is and has been an invaluable source of information for me and my family of leisure travelers so I humbly thank you all^^^^^

ss
Suspended

Programs: UA 1K
Originally Posted by HIDDY
In general I would agree although I've noticed the forum does seem to have become less of a hangout for those who listen to Radio 4.
I prefer Radio 3 myself...

Programs: Iron Maiden FC, GE, Rapidly falling down the Tiers to oblivion.
Radio? So 1990s.
Old Jan 16, 2015, 5:31 am
uk1
Suspended

Another example of where I don't get a gong. I hunt for my name, but it ain't there. Again.

Even at school, I was always the last to be picked. I'd stand by the wall as both team captains would choose their team one by one until for some reason I was the last one standing there in my short trousers and tank top and looking and feeling very lonely. The final cut was when one captain would say to the other captain, "OK, if you take UK1, you can also have the smaller goal". The feeling of total rejection lives on.

Nothing changes.

Old Jan 16, 2015, 5:35 am
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond

Thank you ScruttonStreet, nice to hear that what I post has some value for some people. There are plenty of other regular contributors I would add to your list as well.
Old Jan 16, 2015, 5:36 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, Alitalia Freccia Alata, Turkish Elite... oh yeah, and of course: Starbucks Gold :P
Looking for a hug, uk1?
Old Jan 16, 2015, 5:37 am
Original Poster

UK1 - I don't think I've ever been in the 'in crowd' either. My 'why don't BA paint their name on the belly of the plane' thread showed me that.
Old Jan 16, 2015, 5:40 am

Originally Posted by solwayspeedbird
+1

This board is and has been an invaluable source of information for me and my family of leisure travelers so I humbly thank you all^^^^^

ss
^

Is LBC radio very bad?
Old Jan 16, 2015, 5:46 am

Programs: baec, HHonours
Originally Posted by Polomarc
^

Is LBC radio very bad?
Old Jan 16, 2015, 5:49 am
uk1
Suspended

Originally Posted by InfiniteCycle
UK1 - I don't think I've ever been in the 'in crowd' either. My 'why don't BA paint their name on the belly of the plane' thread showed me that.
Originally Posted by flolee
Looking for a hug, uk1?
I'm swellin' up in' I?

We've got a new team. We've got us a convoy.

"The Constantly Rejecteds".

Old Jan 16, 2015, 6:43 am

Originally Posted by solwayspeedbird
Sorry, it was a reference on the BBC4 radio talk, I usually listen to LBC
Old Jan 16, 2015, 6:45 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci Extraordinaire, Hilton Diamond, BA Gold (ex BD)
So anyone know who the valued contributor who listens to Radio 1 is?

Personally can't stand Nick Grimshaw after being responsible for this: http://grimshaw-architects.com/proje...rport-pier-4a/
Old Jan 16, 2015, 6:52 am

Programs: BAEC Silver,clubcard,clubcard plus, BA Amex................ And Mucci x3 ;)
Ooooh the which radio station do you listen too thread !

BBC radio cornwall for me via dab radio to try and keep semi up to date obviously

cs
Old Jan 16, 2015, 6:56 am

Programs: FT
i agree but the TOS preclude me from commenting as to why and who is responsible for the same. i do not post any TR's anymore for the same reasons.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.