Search

Removal of amenity kits from CW?!

Search this Thread

Old Jan 7, 2015, 4:07 pm
Original Poster

Programs: BA Gold,

Slightly odd one...

Wife and I flew back from PVG in J on the 3rd and there didn't seem to be any amenity kits on board.

Neither of us were overly bothered as we had eye masks etc from the outbound leg hence didn't try to hard to obtain one

Whilst emailing Customer Relations about another matter, I mentioned the lack of amenity kits and to my surprise the response has just come in claiming that the amenity kit in club world has been discontinued.

"I would like to inform you that we have removed amenity bag from the Business class"

Seems unlikely to me

I just wondered if anyone can shed any light on this?

Has anyone had a similar experience or response?

Ta
Old Jan 7, 2015, 4:11 pm
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
I flew back from HKG on 5 January in CW and we had them so I think the email you received is rubbish. However, it might be true that they were not loaded on that flight for some reason.
Old Jan 7, 2015, 4:11 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold/OWE, several MUCCI, and assorted Pensions!
They were issued on the LHR-LAX last Thursday (1 Jan).

If this is indeed the case, BA has dug deeper into the 'enhancement' bran-tub than anyone would have expected. Or it could just be an Agent making it up as they go along ... the mangled English in that response suggests an outsourced "scribble message generator".

Either scenario is, of course, perfectly possible.
Old Jan 7, 2015, 4:18 pm

Programs: BA bronze, Hertz pres circle, Marriott Platinum, hilton diamond
Sounds like something I'd actually join twitter for....!
Old Jan 7, 2015, 4:21 pm

Programs: BA Silver
Why don't you be a good citizen and reply to the agent informing them they should update their website as it still promises the "luxury amenity kit" in club world. Either that or heavens forbid they haven't in fact discontinued it and you didn't receive the full product you were sold!

http://www.britishairways.com/en-gb/...ess/club-world
Old Jan 7, 2015, 4:24 pm

Originally Posted by Stuckdowntheback

"I would like to inform you that we have removed amenity bag from the Business class"

Ta
Well that's just a nonsense reply. No, they have not been removed, new ones will be launched soon, but you should have been given Amenity kits on your flight.
Oh I give up sometimes
Old Jan 7, 2015, 4:26 pm

Programs: BAEC
I got a kit on 6 Jan JFK-LCY. I gave it to my sister today (unopened). She's never flown club, and was deeply unimpressed, and told me to put it in the bathroom cupboard in case they have visitors staying the night

I'm also not impressed with the kit. Most of the stuff is tat. I think they should do away with the kit, and just come around with a basket of better quality goods that people can pick and choose from. Less wastage.
Old Jan 7, 2015, 4:28 pm

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold & GGL & CCR, HH Diam, Bonvoy Titanium, IHG Spire, Tastecard

I don't want to tempt fate, but I cannot see BA removing amenity kits....
Old Jan 7, 2015, 4:29 pm

Programs: BAEC GGL/CCR, HH Diamond
Like some bags of crisps these days, the bag is about three times too big for the contents :/
Old Jan 7, 2015, 4:30 pm
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer

Seems unlikely to me
This sounds unlikely to me too, this presumably came via the Indian Service Centre given the almost correct but non-idiomatic English, and I'm fairly certain that agents are not supposed to refer to Club World as "the Business class".
Old Jan 7, 2015, 4:34 pm

Originally Posted by chris1979
I don't want to tempt fate, but I cannot see BA removing amenity kits....
Am I in a minority of people who actually use the contents if the amenity kit and find most things useful, particularly when I'm intending to get a proper nights sleep.

Edit: this year I've been flying J on AA, who actually have useful things in their amenity kit. I should have said that.

Last edited by ShadowCaptain; Jan 7, 2015 at 4:40 pm
Old Jan 7, 2015, 4:36 pm
Original Poster

Programs: BA Gold,
Originally Posted by corporate-wage-slave
This sounds unlikely to me too, this presumably came via the Indian Service Centre given the almost correct but non-idiomatic English, and I'm fairly certain that agents are not supposed to refer to Club World as "the Business class".
This was my thinking too CWS.
Old Jan 7, 2015, 4:42 pm

This was my thinking too CWS.
Is there somewhere appropriate to forward communication like this to at BA who will actually do something about it. I'm sure they'll like to know how their brand is being (mis)represented.
Old Jan 7, 2015, 4:48 pm

Programs: Accor PLT,Thai Silver, HH Dia, SPG Titanium (LT Gold), Aegean Gold, BA Silver
Remove or Upgrade may be the same in some languages. Personally, and I know there are many threads on the subject, in comparison to it's competition the CW kit is pathetic.
Old Jan 8, 2015, 3:36 am

Programs: BA Gold, AA EXP
Originally Posted by ENTP
Like some bags of crisps these days, the bag is about three times too big for the contents :/
Just three times?! I find it mildly amsuing watching people get their CW amenity kits and start rummaging around in the bottom of the bag like kids into a magician's bag or something.

Still, things could get worse - it could be like the paper envelope and associated tat you get on AY.

Further recent flights on QR and AA in the last month add a tick in the "Amenity Kit" column compared to BA pushing me further and further from choosing BA CW for my long-haul flights. I started 2014 with the intention of choosing other OneWorld options for my long-haul travels and multuple flights on each of QR, QF, CX and AA (AY less so) confirm that pattern will continue this year.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.