Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Return segment out of range- possible?

Search this Thread

Old Dec 18, 2014, 11:33 am
Original Poster

Programs: AA LT Plat (4m+), AF Plat, A3 Gold, Hyatt Lifetime Globalist, Marriott Plat, IHG Plat/Ambassador
Return segment out of range- possible?

I'm trying to ticket an itinerary that is

LIN-LHR-BOS in July returning 31 December 2015 but BA.com only goes so far as the 9th or so of December.

If I do get it issued I have heard differing stories about whether it can be changed... some people say it's 12 months from date of issue, the fare rules state 12 months from date of departure...

Does anyone know if this can be done? The fare I found is fantastic.
Old Dec 18, 2014, 2:55 pm

Programs: BA Bronze
If you purchase the fare now, with dates that are in range you will not be able to extend the return date to the 31/12/2015 when it becomes available as you will be over 12 months from the original ticketing date.

Once the outbound sectors have been flown it can then be changed to any date within 12 months of the outbound sectors.
Old Dec 19, 2014, 7:20 am
Original Poster

Programs: AA LT Plat (4m+), AF Plat, A3 Gold, Hyatt Lifetime Globalist, Marriott Plat, IHG Plat/Ambassador
Originally Posted by FlyingScuffer
If you purchase the fare now, with dates that are in range you will not be able to extend the return date to the 31/12/2015 when it becomes available as you will be over 12 months from the original ticketing date.

Once the outbound sectors have been flown it can then be changed to any date within 12 months of the outbound sectors.
So if I understand correctly I would be able to change the ticket in July once I've flown the first segment?
Old Dec 19, 2014, 8:55 am

Programs: BA Gold, TK Elite
Changing after flying outbound still incurs change fees.

Why not wait until 12 months before return?
Old Dec 19, 2014, 10:31 am

Originally Posted by TravellingSalesman
Changing after flying outbound still incurs change fees.

Why not wait until 12 months before return?
Not if initial reservation is made over the telephone..the agent can add a note re out of system range which would mean that when the desired date comes in range no change or service fee will be charged although any fare and tax increase will need to be paid.
Old Dec 19, 2014, 3:17 pm

Programs: BA Gold, TK Elite
Originally Posted by cbagent
Not if initial reservation is made over the telephone..the agent can add a note re out of system range which would mean that when the desired date comes in range no change or service fee will be charged
I stand corrected - sorry! However:

Originally Posted by cbagent
although any fare and tax increase will need to be paid.
this would render booking now to secure a better fare moot, no?

So back to why not wait until return is in range.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.