Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Happy Christmas to everyone

Search this Thread

Old Dec 18, 2014, 11:30 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: BA Gold/OWE, several MUCCI, and assorted Pensions!

Well, there's one week to go, people are drifting home from foreign places, and have an empty Work MMB for a week or so.

So I thought it might be the moment to say MERRY CHRISTMAS to everyone. May your festive arrangements be festive, the turkey cooked all the way through so that the juices run clear, and that the Christmas Spirit extends through your lives and across BAFT. And all the very best for your 2015 travels!

Ho Ho Ho

Last edited by T8191; Dec 18, 2014 at 11:53 am
Old Dec 18, 2014, 11:49 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Yes indeed.....enjoy your holiday breaks everyone especially my fellow infrequent Blue leisure travellers. And thank you to those who choose to work to allow people to travel.

After two months of forced abstinence I'm now allowed to have a drink.....yeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeha.

Last edited by HIDDY; Dec 18, 2014 at 12:27 pm Reason: recognising the opressed. :D
Old Dec 18, 2014, 11:52 am
formerly known as lady1964

Programs: BA Bronze
Happy Christmas one & all.

May you remember to remove the giblets, trim your sprouts & have a fire extinguisher handy in case you overload your pud with brandy

Jingle bells, jingle bells............
Old Dec 18, 2014, 11:58 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, HHonors Gold, Marriot Bonvoy Gold, MeliaRewards Gold, Radisson Gold
Here, here! Happy Christmas folks.

Sincere wishes of health, happiness and mountains of Avios/TPs to you all - and here's to another year of lively debate ^
Old Dec 18, 2014, 12:05 pm
Hilton Contributor BadgeAccor Contributor Badge

Programs: HH D, Rad VIP, Marriott G
^ Nice thread T8191. We'll allow you to post for another year as you seem to still be with 'it' (I'm joking but have to get my digs in before you become Gold and I slip to Silver you see)

Merry Christmas everyone and a pleasant 'slide' into the New Year @:-)
Old Dec 18, 2014, 12:12 pm

Programs: DL Skymiles, HiltonH, AA Advantage
Merry Christmas to one and all wherever you are.
Old Dec 18, 2014, 12:14 pm
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club
Hilton 5+ BadgeHyatt 5+ Badge

Programs: BA GGL, IHG Diamond Ambassador, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, Mucci des Salons Ouvrants
Great thread - Merry Christmas and Happy New Year! :-:

aks120
Old Dec 18, 2014, 12:20 pm

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL (OWE), SA LifePlat (*G), BD Gold to the end, Hilton Diamond
I always spare a thought for the BA ground staff and crews working or away from home over Christmas. Thanks for everything you have done to get me to my destinations safely during 2014. It is greatly appreciated.
I hope you all have a lovely Christmas and I wish everyone well for 2015.
Old Dec 18, 2014, 12:24 pm

Wishing you all a very happy Christmas and all the best wishes for the festive season while I shall be "in the line of duty" to a very non Christmas destination, but hey ho, someone has got to do it. wishing the whole FT community an amazing Christmas and a happy New Year !!!!!
Old Dec 18, 2014, 12:28 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: BA Gold/OWE, several MUCCI, and assorted Pensions!
Originally Posted by gcuk
I always spare a thought for the BA ground staff and crews working or away from home over Christmas. Thanks for everything you have done to get me to my destinations safely during 2014. It is greatly appreciated.
I hope you all have a lovely Christmas and I wish everyone well for 2015.
As a former ATCO who worked a few Christmases, I suppose I should have mentioned ... ATC, Fire, Baggage, Met, Security (yes, even them), Bus Train and Taxi drivers, Cleaners ...
For those who have never worked over Christmas, it's a strangely satisfying thing to be doing.
Old Dec 18, 2014, 12:31 pm

Programs: Mucci Petit Four de Pucci, RedVee's Navigator Badge, BA Gold, Hilton Diamond
Thanks T8. Fine thread.

Happy Christmas to all! May disruption be minimal.
Old Dec 18, 2014, 1:56 pm

Programs: BA Gold / Hilton Diamond / IHG Diamond Ambassador / Marriot Bonvoy Gold
Originally Posted by T8191
As a former ATCO who worked a few Christmases, I suppose I should have mentioned ... ATC, Fire, Baggage, Met, Security (yes, even them), Bus Train and Taxi drivers, Cleaners ...
For those who have never worked over Christmas, it's a strangely satisfying thing to be doing.
I would agree with that.

Merry Christmas
Old Dec 18, 2014, 2:22 pm

Programs: Amex Plat, AA, BA Silver, Marriott Plat, Choice Gold, HHonors Gold, IHG Diamond
Originally Posted by T8191
Did this once when I was younger. Told the remainder of my family who lived a couple of hundred miles away that I could not join them for Christmas because I was scheduled to work. That would have been the first Christmas I wouldn't have spent with them.

And then, managed to rearrange my schedule, trading off with another coworker who wanted Christmas Eve through early Christmas morning off and didn't mind working my middle of the day schedule. When I got off the all night shift, drove all the way home and surprised my mother and sisters who had not expected me to show. Lots of laughter, lots of joy--and very satisfying.

That's my wish for everyone for the holiday season--laughter, joy, and satisfaction.
Old Dec 18, 2014, 2:44 pm

Programs: BA Gold, IHG Platinum, HH Diamond, Hertz PC,
Merry Christmas to all
Old Dec 18, 2014, 3:30 pm

Programs: BA Gold

Merry Christmas Everyone! and i hope 2015 is a great year for all....

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.