Community
Wiki Posts
Search

New First Seat - scant details

Search this Thread

Old Nov 28, 2014, 3:40 pm
Original Poster

Programs: BA GGL (for now) and Lifetime Gold, Marriott fan thanks to Bonvoy Moments
New First Seat - scant details

Apols if already flagged - "first" too common a term for search to work, even as title only from today...

From the FT - http://www.ft.com/cms/s/2/b710db84-7...#axzz3KPCIFjrO

It is elegant and sophisticated, without being ostentatious, the soft, hand-stitched “raven black” leather perhaps rather masculine. “An evolution rather than revolution,” says Kathryn Slack, BA’s cabin interiors manager. Beyond that, all details are strictly under embargo until it is revealed next year, ahead of entering service on the airline’s new Boeing 787-900 aircraft. But the simple fact that BA is investing in a new first class is indicative of a trend going on across the industry, one that many will find counter-intuitive.
Old Nov 28, 2014, 4:01 pm

Programs: HiltonH. Gold Starwood Gold BA BLUES! Mucci.
Have they finished taking new first out of the 747s replacing old first from other 747s?

If so, I guess it is time we started talking about a new F.
Will it REALLY be ready for the A350 / 787-900?

I would really like to see a new CW product.....

Last edited by Skipcool3; Nov 28, 2014 at 4:08 pm
Old Nov 28, 2014, 4:18 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K;BA Silver;AA G;HH Dia;HY Glob
The older discussion started by CIHY about the "evolved" seat (no details other than it's going in the B787-900) was in this thread:
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/briti...next-year.html
Old Nov 28, 2014, 4:21 pm
Original Poster

Programs: BA GGL (for now) and Lifetime Gold, Marriott fan thanks to Bonvoy Moments
Originally Posted by jerry a. laska
The older discussion started by CIHY about the "evolved" seat (no details other than it's going in the B787-900) was in this thread:
Last post in July - at least I didn't miss something recent. Your ability to find these old threads so quickly always astounds me!

Mods - defer to you if it makes sense to merge threads
Old Nov 28, 2014, 6:29 pm

Ba's CW and F offerings at the moment aren't the worst. They're both just quite mediocre imo and also an opinion shared by quite a few on here.

The real overhaul is really needed once you get on board. Everything from the food (mainly the food) to the amenity kits is just way below par.

The Club World meals used to be quite good and overall I'd say 8/10 times you'd be more than satisfied with the choices and the taste of food. Now, particularly out of flights from the US, it's 8/10 times poor.

If I had any say in BA's next phase of investment, from a passengers point of view, I'd quite happily keep the same seats for a few years (and probably many years after), if it meant an drastic improvement in the on board experience
Old Nov 28, 2014, 6:54 pm

So then you'll have the roulette of an really old tatty first, new first, A380 first, or the "latest, newest first" on the 787.

Brilliant!
Old Nov 29, 2014, 12:04 am

Programs: QF gold, HH Diamond, VA plat, Aegean Gold
Where are the 777's in this jigsaw puzzle ( I have F for LHR to Houston and JFK to LHR on 777's in May next year
Old Nov 29, 2014, 12:56 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, Hilton Diamond
Current new first on those. No lottery.
Old Nov 29, 2014, 5:18 am

Programs: BA - Blue > Bronze > Silver > Bronze > Blue
Originally Posted by lorcancoyle
Last post in July - at least I didn't miss something recent. Your ability to find these old threads so quickly always astounds me!

Mods - defer to you if it makes sense to merge threads
Using Google as opposed to the site's own search engine is the key
Old Nov 29, 2014, 5:26 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci Extraordinaire, Hilton Diamond, BA Gold (ex BD)
Originally Posted by Flyingfox
So then you'll have the roulette of an really old tatty first, new first, A380 first, or the "latest, newest first" on the 787.

Brilliant!
No roulette! If you have 'old tatty first' you've booked a CW seat and then selected a seat in the old F cabin. (They don't allocate old first to routes with F cabins).

So any other aircraft currently will give you new first (the A380 is the same but making more use of the available space), the 787 is supposed to be an evolution so not that much different.
Old Nov 29, 2014, 1:35 pm

Programs: BAEC Bronze
Originally Posted by Flyingfox

Brilliant!
a bit like Emirates seat lottery
Old Nov 29, 2014, 4:32 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold, SQ Gold, KQ Platinum, IHG Diamond Ambassador, Hilton Gold, Marriott Silver, Accor Silver
Nothing like Emirates seat lottery - all BA First and Club World seats are flat beds. The same cannot be said for Emirates, who still operate some aircraft with recliner seats in both First and Business.
Old Nov 29, 2014, 4:40 pm
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Welcome to Flyertalk MARTINSWIN

Originally Posted by MARTINSWIN
a bit like Emirates seat lottery
Welcome to Flyertalk MARTINSWIN, welcome to the BA Forum. We like to see new faces here, so please make yourself at home and continue to post here. Welcome on board. I'd personally argue that the gap between the lowest spec Club World product (767s I guess) and the top end of it (787 arguably) is fairly limited, and indeed BA are much better at keeping a consistent product than most other airlines. When you book BA you can be reasonably sure what you will get. There again there are many very happy Emirates flyers, including among my friends and neighbours.
Old Nov 29, 2014, 4:44 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K;BA Silver;AA G;HH Dia;HY Glob
Originally Posted by Cap'n Benj
Using Google as opposed to the site's own search engine is the key
I rarely use Google to search on FT. The Flyertalk search engine is much improved over the much maligned one we used to have.
Old Nov 29, 2014, 5:07 pm
Suspended

Programs: Regarded as total and utter snob amongst the BAEC community.
FdP - 787 First

Originally Posted by lorcancoyle
Apols if already flagged - "first" too common a term for search to work, even as title only from today...

From the FT - http://www.ft.com/cms/s/2/b710db84-7...#axzz3KPCIFjrO

It is elegant and sophisticated, without being ostentatious, the soft, hand-stitched “raven black” leather perhaps rather masculine. “An evolution rather than revolution,” says Kathryn Slack, BA’s cabin interiors manager. Beyond that, all details are strictly under embargo until it is revealed next year, ahead of entering service on the airline’s new Boeing 787-900 aircraft. But the simple fact that BA is investing in a new first class is indicative of a trend going on across the industry, one that many will find counter-intuitive.
Originally Posted by jerry a. laska

Frank van der Post, British Airways’ MD of brands and customer experience, said: “We’re investing billions in new aircraft, smarter cabins, elegant lounges and new technologies to make life more comfortable for our customers. This new First cabin is a part of that.

First is exceptionally important to the customers that fly in it – they love the service, style and privacy. They have very exacting standards, so what better aircraft to introduce an evolved First cabin than our brand new, state-of-the-art Boeing 787-900 Dreamliner?

“We’ll wait to unveil the details of the new 787 First cabin until the aircraft arrive next year, but suffice to say immense attention has been paid to developing our award winning First cabin, ensuring our signature style is maintained.

http://www.britishairways.com/en-gb/...s#.VHpeNtKsWSo

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.