Wiki Posts
Search

Using Avios for flight to Costa Rica

Search this Thread

Old Nov 25, 2014, 9:18 am
Original Poster

Programs: DL; MileagePlus; other airlines
Using Avios for flight to Costa Rica

Wanted to use Avios for a flight from NYC to Costa Rica or some other carribean destination, and can't find ANY availability for the week that I'm interested in. just get a result back that BA doesn't fly routes. Any tricks I could use?
Old Nov 25, 2014, 9:25 am
nux
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold, QF WP
Use AA.com and look for MileSAAver availability, then book through BA.com or over the phone with BA.
Old Nov 25, 2014, 9:32 am

Are you sure you're searching for Avios tickets? You normally get that sort of message when searching for cash tickets.
Old Nov 25, 2014, 11:22 am

Programs: GGLfL
Originally Posted by kvolvo
Wanted to use Avios for a flight from NYC to Costa Rica or some other carribean destination, and can't find ANY availability for the week that I'm interested in. just get a result back that BA doesn't fly routes.
Are you sure you are doing an avios search? You shouldn't get that message (that's what you see if searching for a cash booking) on a non-BA route.

You should see either:
- a list of available flights
- no flights available on your chosen date, with a calendar to move forward/back
- our servers are not responding
- random error message other than "our servers are not responding"

Originally Posted by kvolvo
Any tricks I could use?
Fly tomorrow?

7 seats on the 1355 from LGA or the 1415 from JFK, connecting onto the 1845 flight from MIA-SJO.

On Friday, plenty of seats to either SJO or LIR.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.