Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Retro Liveries? What would you like to see?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Retro Liveries? What would you like to see?

Search this Thread

Old Nov 26, 2014, 7:26 am

Originally Posted by LondonAndy
I would have thought yes, but the people here have spoken and it would appear not!

I like the current one best.
I liked the ethnic tails too. It was all part of breaking away from being stuffy and inward looking and positioning itself as a global as opposed to a British airline. I was sad to see them go.
Old Nov 26, 2014, 7:35 am

Programs: BA Gold/Marriott Gold/HH Diamond/IC Plat Amba
My vote is for a Landor 777. Such a classy looking livery. Even the old ticket jackets from then looked so good compared to other airlines
Old Nov 26, 2014, 7:40 am

Originally Posted by Tim1975
I liked the ethnic tails too. It was all part of breaking away from being stuffy and inward looking and positioning itself as a global as opposed to a British airline. I was sad to see them go.
As much as I like the present livery perhaps a new one is needed. The present one when it was introduced represented an airline that was leading edge. Perhaps a frumpier one would be more appropriate.
Old Nov 26, 2014, 7:42 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci Extraordinaire, Hilton Diamond, BA Gold (ex BD)
Originally Posted by Can I help you
All I can think is that we get them for free otherwise why with all the bad press they give us would we carry them?
So all I need to do is publish a newspaper criticising BA but offer it for free to BA and they'll hand it out

Personally I don't think the Daily Mail gives the best impression of the UK to any visitors that pick it up and read it. Perhaps some of these quality Channel 5 documentaries need to be loaded into the IFE too!
Old Nov 26, 2014, 7:46 am

Originally Posted by layz
So all I need to do is publish a newspaper criticising BA but offer it for free to BA and they'll hand it out

Personally I don't think the Daily Mail gives the best impression of the UK to any visitors that pick it up and read it. Perhaps some of these quality Channel 5 documentaries need to be loaded into the IFE too!
I'd rather watch that than the Big Bang Theory episodes that pollute the IFE on almost every airline
Old Nov 26, 2014, 8:18 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA/AA/AS/B6/WN/ UA/HH/MR and more like 'em but most felicitously & importantly MUCCI
Originally Posted by SukiB
I think Concorde in BOAC livery looks amazing, but I don't think it ever flew.
Corgi scale only I think.
Old Nov 26, 2014, 9:10 am
Suspended

Programs: Marriott Platinum and BAEC blue again :'(
If BA want to leapfrog their competition in IFE, load on the entire collection of BBC iPlayer, ITV Player, 4oD, Demand 5, and Sky Go.

If they make it so the above updates regularly just like with the current platforms available entertainment would be fantastic.
Old Nov 26, 2014, 3:52 pm
Moderator, Turkish Airlines Miles&Smiles & Accor ALL
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: TK*G, Accor ALL Platinum
My vote would clearly go to this:

Ok BA can drop the *A logo, I am not that picky...

Old Nov 26, 2014, 4:35 pm

Programs: BA-Gold (dropping to Silver soon); AA & Flying Blue; Top Gear (the Clarkson years); Doctor Who :)
I like the current logo but the rather stiff upper lip Landor is nice too (elitist looking as well )
As long as we never see either of these versions of red/white/blue on the tail of BA we should be okay

Old Nov 27, 2014, 2:15 am

Programs: BA: Silver,
Originally Posted by Dave_C
747 in BOAC livery. 'Nuff said.
+1 ^

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.