Wiki Posts
Search

Zurich bag drop - open how early?

Search this Thread

Old Nov 23, 2014, 3:04 am
Original Poster

Programs: BAEC (Gold)

My wife and I are travelling out of Zurich in early January. Ideally, we would like to drop off bags in the morning and spend a few hours in Zurich before our late afternoon flight. Does anyone know if they will accept bags at Zurich many hours before the flight? If it matters, I'm a Gold and we will be travelling in ET. If not, we will use left luggage but would be nice to know the bags are already checked-in.

Thanks for insight!
Old Nov 24, 2014, 4:20 am

Programs: BA Gold, IHG Rewards, BAPP
In October I checked in and dropped my bag at 0900 for the 1850 ZRH-LCY.
AQ
Old Nov 24, 2014, 9:40 am

Programs: AS; BA Silver; UA; HH Gold; Sprüngli Connaisseur
There is an LHR 7AM flight, so you might be able to drop your bags off at the time the airport opens up to the deadline for that flight. Or get one of the other agents from another OW airline to help you, as they're all in the same area. I think there are a bunch of LCY flights as well, so it might be that the desk is manned most of the day.

I think all of the OW desks at ZRH are staffed by Dnata employees, so they might switch back and forth between airlines.

The checkin desk is just up the escalator from where you get out from baggage claim.
Old Nov 24, 2014, 9:59 am

Programs: BA Gold; Swiss Blue

Another option in Switzerland is to check inn your bags at the railway station they are then tagged through to you destination and held at the airport till you show the stub to checkin a staff where it is then put into the baggage system for you flight...
Old Nov 24, 2014, 10:08 am

Programs: AS; BA Silver; UA; HH Gold; Sprüngli Connaisseur
Originally Posted by SWISSBOBBY
Another option in Switzerland is to check inn your bags at the railway station they are then tagged through to you destination and held at the airport till you show the stub to checkin a staff where it is then put into the baggage system for you flight...
Is this new for BA? I know that flying on LX or LH it works. I think with BA you have to take it to the BA checkin desk.

There is a link for this at sbb.ch

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.