Wiki Posts
Search

flight shows empty F cabin

Search this Thread

Old Nov 21, 2014, 6:53 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA Gold Hilton Diamond IHG Spire ANEK Ferries Gold
Flight shows empty F cabin

I don't post here very often and if this subject has been covered I apologise now and having done a search could not find anything

I am booked LHR-ORD in early Jan on a redemption and 2-4-1 in J as F was not available when I made the booking(early Nov)

Just now done a dummy booking and both flights outbound 295/297 for my day of travel show all seats in F free with the exception of the usual suspects 1A/!K. So can anyone here shed some light on what might be going on.

Thanks in anticipation

Mods please feel free to move this

Last edited by BravoKilo; Nov 21, 2014 at 7:02 am Reason: Basic error in title
Old Nov 21, 2014, 6:59 am
nux
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold, QF WP
Seat maps are no indication of the number of booked passengers.

Even F is completely unsold, there is no guarantee that BA will release award inventory for that flight. It is more likely that BA will release award seats in the week leading up to the flight, rather than a few months before anyway.
Old Nov 21, 2014, 7:05 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold
The first important concept here is demand to come.

If BA believe that they can sell most seats to revenue passengers before the flight departs, even if bookings only materialise one or two days ahead of time, it makes sense not to release award inventory.

The second important concept is that sometimes it is worthwhile not to release any award seats, even if the cabin is almost empty, to ensure that those passengers who do decide to buy tickets pay cash rather than Avios.

Hope that helps.
Old Nov 21, 2014, 7:05 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA Gold Hilton Diamond IHG Spire ANEK Ferries Gold
That was what I thought and will keep watching and hope that some are released.
Thanks
Old Nov 21, 2014, 8:25 am

Programs: BAEC Silver
Originally Posted by BravoKilo
That was what I thought and will keep watching and hope that some are released.
Thanks
Do watch them, i managed to get 2 in F at original release, and then a month later 2 more in F. They alter the algorithms all the time and they change predictions so check once a day if you really want them.
Old Nov 21, 2014, 8:37 am
Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Originally Posted by Jenzo
Do watch them, i managed to get 2 in F at original release, and then a month later 2 more in F. They alter the algorithms all the time and they change predictions so check once a day if you really want them.
Personally I would check more often and as many times a day as is practically possible, especially late afternoon and after 0200 hours. (well, that's my experiences).

It can be a long and daunting time consuming process but ultimately worth it, sometimes.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.