Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Mistake, or just less TPs?

Search this Thread

Old Nov 18, 2014, 3:56 pm
Original Poster
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: Star Alliance Gold, Iberia Oro, SkyTeam - Elite Plus, Le Club Accor - Platinum

Hi all,

Just booked to go to Fuerteventura on the new services which are operating from LGW from mid December.

Booked to go Club Europe (partly for the TPs) and noticed MMB says I will only get 80 TPs for the roundtrip. This is further confirmed when I used the BA points calculator. I notice though Lanzarote, for example, appears to be 160 TP roundtrip.

So I was wondering, is the system wrong, or have BA just decided to award less for this particular route?

Thanks in advance
Old Nov 18, 2014, 4:09 pm

Seems to be odd, given that Lanzarote is closer to London, and FUE comes with more Avios than ACE.
Old Nov 18, 2014, 4:47 pm

Programs: I go wherever the content takes me.

Not this again. I threatened to eat my hat last time!

You'll get 80TP per sector flown in Club. It's a common system fart when new SH+ destinations are added. Many people have reported seeing this incorrectly show on the TP calculator and in MMB - for various destinations - and have always reported the award to be correct (at the higher 80TP per sector level) following the flight.
Old Nov 18, 2014, 7:00 pm
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
I am with paul4040 here and I would be very surprised if it didn't get the 80 TP each way in J. Although part of me wants your mmb to be right just to see the hat eating
Old Nov 18, 2014, 11:30 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold
Mistake - should be fewer...
Old Jan 18, 2015, 3:59 am
Original Poster
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: Star Alliance Gold, Iberia Oro, SkyTeam - Elite Plus, Le Club Accor - Platinum
Originally Posted by paul4040
You may need to eat that hat :P

I have now taken the flights and only been credited 40TPs per sector, opposed to 80.

Is there any point in me sending an email to them pointing out what appears to be an anomaly, or is it likely to be a waste of time?

On the plus side, with it being a new route I did take a few pictures which I will post up later!
Old Jan 18, 2015, 4:27 am

Originally Posted by jackr27
You may need to eat that hat :P

I have now taken the flights and only been credited 40TPs per sector, opposed to 80.

Is there any point in me sending an email to them pointing out what appears to be an anomaly, or is it likely to be a waste of time?

On the plus side, with it being a new route I did take a few pictures which I will post up later!
Yes I think you should send an email via the online form. I can't see why it wouldn't be 80 TPs each way in CE. I might send the GGL team an email as well to check with them.
Old Jan 18, 2015, 4:32 am

Programs: BAEC Gold Guest List, Hilton Honours Diamond, Accor Gold
They definitely should fix it as it confused me and put me off a cheap flight to FUE. I chose ACE instead!
Old Jan 19, 2015, 7:08 am

Well paul4040's promised hat eating is in the balance. The GGL team are looking in to this one now. I noted that both LGW-ACE and LGW-TFS attract 80 TPs one way on CE and show that on the calculator. I can't see why the FUE route should be any different.

I will update when I hear more.
Old Jan 19, 2015, 7:30 am

I've just seen this thread. I may need to buy a hat to eat!

Let's hope, not just for the sake of my stomach, that these routes attract 80TPs each way. Otherwise, it does seem quite out of kilter with every other route going.
Old Jan 19, 2015, 7:35 am

Time to start looking at pork pie hats?
Old Jan 19, 2015, 3:03 pm

Even crazier:

LGW - TFN (Tenerife North) is 40 TPs
LGW - TFS (Tenerife South) is 80 TPs

It is the same island, and a small one!
Old Jan 19, 2015, 4:43 pm

Originally Posted by greyfish
Even crazier:

LGW - TFN (Tenerife North) is 40 TPs
LGW - TFS (Tenerife South) is 80 TPs

It is the same island, and a small one!
TFN is not served by BA any more.
Old Jan 20, 2015, 6:09 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by paul4040

You'll get 80TP per sector flown in Club. It's a common system fart when new SH+ destinations are added. Many people have reported seeing this incorrectly show on the TP calculator and in MMB - for various destinations - and have always reported the award to be correct (at the higher 80TP per sector level) following the flight.
I only got 40 on EDI-IBZ last July. Someone at the time told me it was a shorthaul+ route, it wasn't.
Old Jan 20, 2015, 6:20 am

Originally Posted by Calchas
I only got 40 on EDI-IBZ last July. Someone at the time told me it was a shorthaul+ route, it wasn't.
http://www.gcmap.com/mapui?P=EDI-IBZ,+LHR-HEL

Logic, BA-style.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.