Community
Wiki Posts
Search

First dress code

Search this Thread

Old Oct 19, 2014, 11:00 am

Programs: BA Gold
Wear socks! Am I the only one who finds bare feet quite repulsive? Especially if they were first covered with socks and shoes...

Last edited by teme; Oct 19, 2014 at 11:58 am
Old Oct 19, 2014, 11:11 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, Hilton Diamond
I normally just go as comfortably as possible - first is still plane travel and feeling comfortable is a must.
Old Oct 19, 2014, 11:46 am

Originally Posted by teme
Wear socks! Am I the only one who finds bare feet quite repulsive? Especially if they wear first covered with socks and shoes...
Men and women?
Old Oct 19, 2014, 11:47 am

Programs: BAEC Silver
Originally Posted by teme
Wear socks! Am I the only one who finds bare feet quite repulsive? Especially if they wear first covered with socks and shoes...
No, I do too, seen some ghastly ones.
Also why would anyone, (unless American flying domestic) wear shorts on a plane, the sight of large flabby thighs just puts me off and please don't go "commando" and wear baggy shorts and cross your legs!!!
I am just waiting for the replies from the pax who feel that by dressing down makes them ------ no I can't say it.
Old Oct 19, 2014, 11:51 am

Originally Posted by sapper188
No, I do too, seen some ghastly ones.
Also why would anyone, (unless American flying domestic) wear shorts on a plane, the sight of large flabby thighs just puts me off and please don't go "commando" and wear baggy shorts and cross your legs!!!
I am just waiting for the replies from the pax who feel that by dressing down makes them ------ no I can't say it.
I wear shorts. Why? They are the most comfortable as aircraft to me are always to warm. No commando but shorts is what I normaly wear.
Old Oct 19, 2014, 11:55 am
formerly rxfleming

Programs: BA GGL, HHonors Diamond, Marriott Plat Elite
First dress code

I wear shorts too. Often because I'm travelling to warmer climes whenever I'm in First. And I have beautiful legs. So I've been told
Old Oct 19, 2014, 12:10 pm

Programs: BAEC, AA, Emirates, Hilton, Hyatt, Taj Hotels
What a load of nonsense, all this talk of shorts, T-shirts and barefeet

It's not a day out at the beach

We arrive in top hat and tails and change into black tie for dinner. We then change into PJs for sleeping only. One wouldn't want to be seen egressing one's jumbo improperly dressed in the event of an emergency. Stiff upper lip and all that

Seriously, surely we can make a small effort and don a pair of trousers and a proper shirt together with a sensible pair of comfortable shoes. Ties, cravats and blazers aren't necessary but imposing frat house habits on others is a bit thoughtless in a relatively small space.
Old Oct 19, 2014, 12:15 pm

Programs: I go wherever the content takes me.
Originally Posted by Betteronacamel
One wouldn't want to be seen egressing one's jumbo
This is why I don't wear shorts.
Old Oct 19, 2014, 12:20 pm

Programs: BA GGL (for now) and Lifetime Gold, Marriott fan thanks to Bonvoy Moments
Originally Posted by Betteronacamel
We arrive in top hat and tails and change into black tie for dinner. We then change into PJs for sleeping only. One wouldn't want to be seen egressing one's jumbo improperly dressed in the event of an emergency. Stiff upper lip and all that
Is a monocle necessary or merely recommended - challenging to purchase in duty free of course. Maybe the CSD would have a spare?
Old Oct 19, 2014, 12:27 pm

Programs: BA Silver; Hilton Gold; IHG Diamond Ambassador; Marriott Gold
C&C Warning!

One wouldn't want to be seen egressing one's jumbo
Originally Posted by paul4040
Oh, lordy. It's time I introduced you wonderful people to the concept of putting a "C&C Warning" on certain threads or posts. "C&C" meaning "Cat & Coffee (or Coke)", as in "Remove cat from lap and don't drink while reading this." My screen avoided inundation only by sheer luck in timing.

Old Oct 19, 2014, 12:31 pm

Quite right my friend.

Going down the slides in your shorts will give you a 'wedgie' which isn't very nice or digified
Old Oct 19, 2014, 12:36 pm

Programs: BA Gold
Wear what you'd normally wear to fly. Nobody cares. Everyone ends up a bit drunk and wandering around in a pair of blue pjs anyway. It's great :-)
Old Oct 19, 2014, 12:36 pm

Originally Posted by lorcancoyle
Is a monocle necessary or merely recommended - challenging to purchase in duty free of course. Maybe the CSD would have a spare?
Let me tell you, life hasn't been the same since they stopped me bringing my swordstick on board. Very useful for fighting off the natives on arrival in wild places like Baltimore (and that's not me trying to be funny ).
Old Oct 19, 2014, 12:40 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Old Oct 19, 2014, 12:48 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by rolaaand
Wear what you'd normally wear to fly. Nobody cares. Everyone ends up a bit drunk and wandering around in a pair of blue pjs anyway. It's great :-)

Haha! This is exactly what I want it to be!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.