Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Web Check in for Qatar will it effect BA check-in?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Oct 19, 2014, 7:08 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: BA Silver, EY Gold, HH Diamond, IHG Plat

I am on two PNR's one for domestic BA and one for QR from LHR. I want BA to check me in at the initial check-in for my long haul but if I do web check-in on Qatar will that effect BA's ability to check me in for the long haul?
Old Oct 19, 2014, 8:33 am

Are you concerned about checking a bag through?

I don't quite understand your question. If you check in online with Qatar before going to the airport you won't need to check in for that flight again with BA.
Old Oct 19, 2014, 8:53 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by windowontheAside
Are you concerned about checking a bag through?

I don't quite understand your question. If you check in online with Qatar before going to the airport you won't need to check in for that flight again with BA.
Yeah. My main worry is the luggage being accepted if I web check in for Qatar.
Old Oct 19, 2014, 9:05 am

Programs: AC 35K
Originally Posted by onlysuites
They have baggage interline agreements so shouldn't be a problem.
Old Oct 19, 2014, 11:04 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Originally Posted by onlysuites
The baggage IT system is not connected to the OLCI process - it's actually very limited on the logic side. So you can check in online any way you like, and then check bags on separate PNRs without issue, so long as the connections are beyond MCT. In fact it slightly helps the agent if you can present the print outs for the onward connection in terms of locating your flight.
Old Oct 19, 2014, 4:00 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by corporate-wage-slave
The baggage IT system is not connected to the OLCI process - it's actually very limited on the logic side. So you can check in online any way you like, and then check bags on separate PNRs without issue, so long as the connections are beyond MCT. In fact it slightly helps the agent if you can present the print outs for the onward connection in terms of locating your flight.
Great! Thanks.
Old Oct 20, 2014, 7:06 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Also it seems if you are not checked in, baggage can still be checked through but then the bag isn't attached to your onward connecting flight. This means your bag may or may not be loaded onto the second flight. I have lost at least one bag that way (even when I presented the bag receipts to the onward carrier...). I suggest checking in as many segments as possible in advance.
Old Oct 20, 2014, 11:09 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

OLCI failed on the final page! Oh well.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.