Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

No OnBusiness points awarded for flying BA metal

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Oct 1, 2014, 10:33 am
Original Poster

Hi,

I flew ARN-LHR-ORD-LAX on BA/AA/AA and back LAX-LAS-LHR-ARN on AA/BA/BA. The ticket was issued by US, so all the flights had a US flight number. This is the reason OnBusiness invokes not to award me any points at all, though 3 of flights were even on BA metal!

Am I right to be upset about this?

Cheers
Old Oct 1, 2014, 10:36 am

Programs: BAEC GGL, HH Diamond.
Originally Posted by Octavian Antony
Hi,

I flew ARN-LHR-ORD-LAX on BA/AA/AA and back LAX-LAS-LHR-ARN on AA/BA/BA. The ticket was issued by US, so all the flights had a US flight number. This is the reason OnBusiness invokes not to award me any points at all, though 3 of flights were even on BA metal!

Am I right to be upset about this?

Cheers
I dont know wether it is technically right or wrong, but might be worth trying again. Ive often had to go back again and ask for a manager. and that is just with a UUA'd flight
Old Oct 1, 2014, 10:43 am

Programs: Gold Mega Legend
From the T&Cs:

"Eligible Flight" means a flight purchased for which We (British Airways) are both the marketing carrier and operating carrier (or which is operated on Our behalf by an Eligible Airline) taken in booking classes as set out in 'Qualifying flight points';

Besides that, I think if you are genuinely upset, take a moment to reflect on things
Old Oct 1, 2014, 2:24 pm
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by revan
From the T&Cs:

"Eligible Flight" means a flight purchased for which We (British Airways) are both the marketing carrier and operating carrier (or which is operated on Our behalf by an Eligible Airline) taken in booking classes as set out in 'Qualifying flight points';

Besides that, I think if you are genuinely upset, take a moment to reflect on things
Yes, seems like if all flights were booked with a US number and US was therefore the marketing carrier you don't get OB points.
Old Oct 1, 2014, 3:41 pm

Programs: BA Gold GGL
That is the way it is according to the terms and conditions. It does seem unfair to me expecially for the codeshares that are part of the Joint Venture routes and they're getting the revenue anyway.

The other one to watch is AA domestic flights (when booked in conjunction with a transatlantic).

We all know we want AA flight numbers for these to get extra tier points. Alas, no OnBusiness points for such a flight.

A BA-codeshare flight number for the same flight gets OnBusiness points.
Old Oct 1, 2014, 3:42 pm

No OnBusiness for AUPs either.
Old Oct 1, 2014, 3:43 pm

Programs: BAEC
What is the an "eligibile airline" in terms of that provision just quoted?
Old Oct 1, 2014, 4:31 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K;BA Silver;AA G;HH Dia;HY Glob
Originally Posted by flieduk
What is the an "eligibile airline" in terms of that provision just quoted?
From britishairways.com:
Qualifying flight points

You can now collect On Business Points with us, and our eligible partner airlines, on selected routes.

Opportunities to earn points include:

•flights operated by British Airways and its subsidiary BA Cityflyer when booked with a BA flight number

•direct flights between London and Japan operated by Japan Airlines and when booked with a BA flight number

•Japan domestic flight connections operated by Japan Airlines and booked with a BA flight number, that are in conjunction with flights from the UK operated by British Airways or Japan Airlines and that also have a BA flight number

•direct flights between Europe and the US operated by American Airlines, US Airways, OpenSkies or Iberia and when booked with a BA flight number

•US domestic flight connections operated by US Airlines and when booked with a BA flight number, that are in conjunction with transatlantic flights operated by British Airways, US Airways, American Airlines or Iberia and that also have a BA flight number

•selected South African international and domestic flights with British Airways that are operated by Comair

•Qantas international flights when booked with a BA flight number between Australia and Singapore (which can be British Airways or Qantas operated)

•Qantas domestic flights with a BA flight number when booked in conjunction with a BA coded international flight

•direct flights between London and Spain operated by Iberia and when booked with a BA flight number

•Spanish domestic flight connections operated by Iberia and when booked with a BA flight number, that are in conjunction with transatlantic flights or flights from the UK operated by British Airways, American Airlines or Iberia and that also have a BA flight number

On Business Points earned on an American Airlines or Iberia operated flight will be the same as when flying on a British Airways operated flight between these destinations.
http://www.britishairways.com/travel...public/en_gb#4
Old Oct 2, 2014, 3:49 pm

Programs: BA*GGL, A3*G, AF*P, VS*S
Just had this with one of our fliers - booked on AA paper TLV-LHR-MIA-UIO, BA metal TLV-LHR-MIA, was awarded OBs on TLV-LHR because there was a BA flight number, but not on LHR-MIA because that was an AA flight number.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.