Community
Wiki Posts
Search

New iPhone app feature - beta test

Search this Thread

Old Sep 29, 2014, 3:56 am

Programs: BAEC GGL/CCR; TK Elite; ITA Executive; Hilton Diamond; Marriott Bonvoy Platinum
Originally Posted by 81romeo
Hi,

I just received the email to download the beta App.
However, I get a generic error message and the app does not download on my iPhone 6 (iOS 8.2).

Please let me know if this is a common issue.
I am getting a message saying that the developer still needs to add my device?
Old Sep 29, 2014, 4:05 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci Extraordinaire, Hilton Diamond, BA Gold (ex BD)
I am getting a message saying that the developer still needs to add my device?
Did you take part in the previous beta (with an older iPhone)?

Sounds like your old device is still registered but not your new one. Make sure your new phone is registered in Hockey and then send a PM to BA App Official.
Old Sep 29, 2014, 4:18 am

Programs: BA GGL, CCR; AF/KLM FB Silver; M&M LH FTL; LY GLD; HH Diamond; SPG Gold; A-Club Silver; Avis PCI
Likewise, I cannot install the app on my iPhone 5S (iOS 8)
Old Sep 29, 2014, 4:28 am

Programs: BAEC GGL/CCR; TK Elite; ITA Executive; Hilton Diamond; Marriott Bonvoy Platinum
Originally Posted by layz
Did you take part in the previous beta (with an older iPhone)?

Sounds like your old device is still registered but not your new one. Make sure your new phone is registered in Hockey and then send a PM to BA App Official.
Spot on!

I actually upgraded my device yesterday to iPhone 6.
Hopefully BA will be able to add the new one at this stage?

Yes, I took part in the previous one indeed.
Old Sep 29, 2014, 4:39 am
Company Representative - British Airways
Original Poster

Originally Posted by economyman
Likewise, I cannot install the app on my iPhone 5S (iOS 8)
Hi economyman,

You can only download the app on the specific device you registered for the beta.

If you need to use another device please send me a private message. We do have a limit on the number of devices we can register but I'll see what we can do.

Warm regards

Nick
Old Sep 29, 2014, 4:41 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Spot on!

I actually upgraded my device yesterday to iPhone 6.
Hopefully BA will be able to add the new one at this stage?

Yes, I took part in the previous one indeed.
I'm sure a PM will get them to register the correct device for you.

There's two stages:
1. The device needs to be registered on Hockey
2. The developer then needs to select your device and add it to their supported list for that particular app.

I guess you've done 1 already, but for step 2 the developer has chosen your other device (your new phone probably wasn't listed when they processed your request if you just got it yesterday).
Old Sep 29, 2014, 4:44 am

I'm sure a PM will get them to register the correct device for you.

There's two stages:
1. The device needs to be registered on Hockey
2. The developer then needs to select your device and add it to their supported list for that particular app.

I guess you've done 1 already, but for step 2 the developer has chosen your other device (your new phone probably wasn't listed when they processed your request if you just got it yesterday).
Spot on again

I already got in touch with the developer! Thanks for your help!
Old Sep 29, 2014, 7:41 am

Programs: TK *Gold / BA Gold / EZY Plus!
I'm all updated, the notifications are turned on and I'm passing through T5 tomorrow so we'll see what happens.
Old Sep 30, 2014, 5:49 am
JK

Programs: BA Gold / OnBusiness, SPG Lifetime Plat 100, AmEx Centurion & BAPP, Superking Westin Heavenly Bed :)
So far so good! I was pushed gate info at the same time as it came up on the board (all the way through to my Pebble watch!) I could get used to this...

Curious what would happen when gate changes occur, but also hoping I never find out.
Old Sep 30, 2014, 5:59 am
JK

Programs: BA Gold / OnBusiness, SPG Lifetime Plat 100, AmEx Centurion & BAPP, Superking Westin Heavenly Bed :)
Ooh, and a boarding notification (and only 30 seconds premature)! Love it!
Old Oct 15, 2014, 11:59 am
Company Representative - British Airways
Original Poster

Hi all,

Thanks to everyone who has sent feedback in the beta test so far. We really appreciate you taking the time to help.

Today we added gate notifications for Heathrow Terminal 3 to the beta. The notifications for Terminal 3 won't include the gate number for the time being, but they will let you know when the gate is open and boarding starts.

Warm regards

Nick
Old Oct 15, 2014, 12:11 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by BA App Official
Hi all,

Thanks to everyone who has sent feedback in the beta test so far. We really appreciate you taking the time to help.

Today we added gate notifications for Heathrow Terminal 3 to the beta. The notifications for Terminal 3 won't include the gate number for the time being, but they will let you know when the gate is open and boarding starts.

Warm regards

Nick
That's great news! The app never used to mention any status in T3 so this is a massive improvement even if we don't get the gate number.

The T5 notifications worked well for me so far, couldn't get the lounge messages (iBeacons?) when I entered the flounge though (bluetooth was on).

I'll be travelling again sometime over the weekend so will let you know via the app if I have any other feedback.
Old Oct 15, 2014, 2:16 pm

Originally Posted by JK
So far so good! I was pushed gate info at the same time as it came up on the board (all the way through to my Pebble watch!) I could get used to this...

Curious what would happen when gate changes occur, but also hoping I never find out.
Ditto. Gate open announcement pushed through App to Pebble at the same time as the screens in the lounge.

Great enhancement.
Old Oct 15, 2014, 2:24 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Does the app developer need to do anything to support Pebble or does it automatically pick up iOS alerts?
Old Oct 15, 2014, 2:48 pm

Wirelessly posted (iPhone 3G: Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 8_0_2 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/600.1.4 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/8.0 Mobile/12A405 Safari/600.1.4)

Does the app developer need to do anything to support Pebble or does it automatically pick up iOS alerts?
It picks up anything that uses Notification Centre, so pretty much any app.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.