Community
Wiki Posts
Search

A321 mid-haul CW pics

Search this Thread

Old Sep 21, 2014, 2:02 pm
Original Poster

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold & GGL & CCR, HH Diam, Bonvoy Titanium, IHG Spire, Tastecard
A321 mid-haul CW pics

I haven't seen many pics of the 321 CW seats / cabin on here so thought I'd share some.

Background:

spent a weekend with friends in France recently. all 3 of us (on 2 PNRs) get op-up-ed on way out to CE on normal A319 (I was actually on an RFS going out and Priority Reward coming back).

on the way back, flightstats showed the flight again being very full but I noticed the day before that it changed from 319 (or possibly 320) to 321 which I assumed was done to accommodate all pax. at the gate, I got the 'red beep' again and seat 4A. (my friends on a separate PNR didnt get seats changed but ended up in the row we had booked).

Only when I boarded did I realise it was an ex BMI mid-haul 321 and I was going to experience those CW seats for the first time.

cabin looking foward:

cabin looking backward:

my seat 4A which is on the 2 side of the 1-2; 2-1 config:

seat controls which includes a massage function:

reading light and power sockets:

table folds out in a bit of a funny way and then swings around and up which locks it into a full dining table position:

IFE screen (still don't quite understand why screens can't be changed from BMI to BA - surely it's a software thing that's relatively easily changed?):

legroom space. quite strange that it sort of tilts upwards:

(yes, I need new shoes. NYC trip coming up soon to sort that out - that was my excuse for the trip ).

I didn't get chance to put seat into bed mode on 90 min flight with full CE meal but it was a comfy seat.

I'd definitely go for a "1" seat if I booked a flight on it.

Anyway, not a TR but wanted to share pics as, as said, hadn't seen many.

It was quite interesting seeing some of the other pax board and comment on "oh, business class on BA looks like".

happy flying.
Old Sep 21, 2014, 2:16 pm
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges and Environmentally Friendly Travel

Thanks for sharing. I had no idea the seats were so glossy.

I gather when BA inherited these birds, they were instantly put to work to earn their keep which might explain why the IFE content and certain Donington Hall idiosyncrasies have remained intact.
Old Sep 21, 2014, 2:17 pm

Programs: BAEC, AA, Emirates, Hilton, Hyatt, Taj Hotels
Thanks for that.

The 'wallpaper' on the cabin divider is pretty hideous IMO but I recognise that's not a BA choice. Although, as with the IFE, you would think that BA would spend a bit of money to bring the image in line with the rest of the fleet.

Your shoes don't look too bad - why not go out and purchase some brown shoe cream and a tin of wax. Spend 20 minutes with a cloth and a brush and they should come up fine
Old Sep 21, 2014, 2:45 pm
V10

Programs: MUCCI Gold
I ended up in 1A on one of these on a flight back from Brussels earlier this year.

Some here whinge about these seats, but having sat in the economy seats on these A321s a couple of times travelling to/from the usual mid-haul destinations, I know where I'd rather be sat.
Old Sep 21, 2014, 2:49 pm

Programs: BA Gold, TK Elite, AZ CFP
Thanks for sharing. I've been looking for some reviews of these planes for a bit.
Old Sep 21, 2014, 2:56 pm
Original Poster

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold & GGL & CCR, HH Diam, Bonvoy Titanium, IHG Spire, Tastecard
Originally Posted by Betteronacamel
Your shoes don't look too bad - why not go out and purchase some brown shoe cream and a tin of wax. Spend 20 minutes with a cloth and a brush and they should come up fine
I have no idea what that means but it sounds more effort than jumping on a flight to NY and buy a new pair!
Old Sep 21, 2014, 3:10 pm

Programs: Mucci du Miel d'Or
Originally Posted by Prospero

I gather when BA inherited these birds, they were instantly put to work to earn their keep which might explain why the IFE content and certain Donington Hall idiosyncrasies have remained intact.
When BA bought bmi, the seats had been paid for but not yet installed. Perhaps they wanted to see how things worked out with mid-haul before throwing more money at it, but as the planes appear to be hanging around, a few changes might be in order, like the wallpaper, the IFE screens etc.
Old Sep 21, 2014, 4:47 pm
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
Thanks for posting and interesting to see. I still haven't been on one of the mid-hauls yet.

Originally Posted by chris1979
yes, I need new shoes. NYC trip coming up soon to sort that out - that was my excuse for the trip
What? You know there are shoe shops in this country?

I can honestly say that shopping is not an activity which appears on my long list of things to do in NYC.
Old Sep 21, 2014, 9:13 pm

Programs: BAEC silver
Originally Posted by Betteronacamel
Thanks for that.

The 'wallpaper' on the cabin divider is pretty hideous IMO but I recognise that's not a BA choice. Although, as with the IFE, you would think that BA would spend a bit of money to bring the image in line with the rest of the fleet.

Had to giggle as I read that as the wallpaper reminds me of some of the upholstery of some galleries lounge furniture items.

Thanks to the OP for posting. I have an AMM trip in J coming up so looking forward to trying it out.
Old Sep 21, 2014, 11:07 pm

Programs: BA - Gold for Life, CCR & GGL; IC Spire Elite Ambassador; Diamond Hilton Honors; Hyatt Discoverist
Originally Posted by ACARS
Thanks to the OP for posting. I have an AMM trip in J coming up so looking forward to trying it out.
I find the seats pretty comfortable for these mid haul routes, which are usually day time flights for me.

Enjoy Amman.
Old Sep 21, 2014, 11:32 pm

Programs: CX gold
Originally Posted by TravellerFrequently
I find the seats pretty comfortable for these mid haul routes, which are usually day time flights for me.
Looks like a perfect adequate mini cabin to me as well! Nice and cosy^

SAfe travels

TT
Old Sep 22, 2014, 1:10 am

Programs: ASLEF
What does the economy cabin/seat look like on the mid-haul A321? Same as the short haul EuroTraveller version?
Old Sep 22, 2014, 1:31 am

Programs: BA Gold, TK Elite Plus
Originally Posted by KARFA
What? You know there are shoe shops in this country?

I can honestly say that shopping is not an activity which appears on my long list of things to do in NYC.
Shopping in NYC is way better than in the UK, and way cheaper as well.
BUT, one of the only things that is NOT 50-70% of the UK prices are shoes.
Good quality shoes are cheaper in the UK than in NYC. And even cheaper if you drive to Northampton...
Old Sep 22, 2014, 2:03 am
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by dera
Shopping in NYC is way better than in the UK, and way cheaper as well.
It may be, but shopping is boring and I have more interesting and exciting things to do on holiday and especially in NYC.
Old Sep 22, 2014, 2:11 am

Programs: GGLfL
While ok for a mid-haul (3-5 hours) daytime flight, the seats are hideous for sleeping on for 3 reasons:

1. In the fully flat position, the seats drop to almost floor level
2. Your feet are rammed into a small narrow gap, making it feel like you are in a coffin
3. Many of the seats inflate and deflate for no reason, so you can be woken to the sound of gushing air and the seat getting harder then softer, then all goes quiet for 10 minutes, and then it starts all over again.

Hideous for overnighters to DME or TLV.

Not great for daytime flights either, as they can't fit all the galley items in, so its an abbreviated version of the CW service you would have on a 767 or 747.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.