Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

BA shows seats not available, EF shows available (bulkhead on 747)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Sep 17, 2014, 9:57 am
Original Poster

Programs: AA Plat - 2MM, Delta - GM

Hello,
I tried searching but didn't see anything about this. I am booked on BA183 in a few weeks (LHR-JFK) and had hoped to select a bulkhead seat for the flight as a OW Sapphire. It is a 747 with the 70J configuration. Expert Flyer showed most of the bulkhead seats available (33B/C/D/G/H/J) with only the bassinet positions as actually blocked (33A/E/F/K). The same is true for row 40, EF showing 40/B/C/D/G available and only 40A/E/F as blocked. EF also shows 39H/J/K as available. So I thought I would be able to select a bulkhead with no problem since they were all open.

Now when I go to MMB on BA, none of the above seats are available for me to pick (nothing at all in row 33, 39 and only non-bulkhead in row 40). Are they not eligible for OW Sapphire to pick? In my search, I did see other posts where flyers couldn't pick the actual bassinet seats until 72 hours out. But I saw posts where people were able to pick the other bulkheads like 33H ahead of time. So I'm wondering if I should be able to pick them since they are available according to EF (and just not available to ME on MMB).

I usually fly AA and pick MCE, so I'm kind of regretting not booking in WT+ on this flight if I can't get any extra legroom if I'm not eligible for the bulkhead. I was able to pick 52J which I know is better than the standard seats, but I'm alone and would prefer a bulkhead closer to the front. Any advice is greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Kim
Old Sep 17, 2014, 2:17 pm

Programs: BA GGL / GFL, Mucci Diamond!, HH Diamond, Radisson Premium, IHG Gold, Hertz Gold
BA certainly blocks exit row seats for free selection unless you are OneWorld Emerald. It may be the same with bulkheads as I guess these seats confer some of the same benefits as exit row seats.

I'm not 100% clear on whether this is your problem - but it might be... does it give you the option to pay for those seats??

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.