Wiki Posts
Search

SFO lounges

Search this Thread

Old Sep 16, 2014, 9:41 am
Original Poster

Programs: UA MP 1K, VS FC Silver
SFO lounges

Hi, I'll be doing SFO -> LHR on BA, in Club World in October. I'm normally on United so I'm not familiar with the BA lounge situation in SFO. What can people recommend? I can see there's a BA lounge but it looks like there might be Cathay, Japan and US/American lounges too. Any advice on which is best? I prefer to choose a lounge and settle in, rather than crawl between!

Being post-security is highly desirable.
Old Sep 16, 2014, 9:46 am
Moderator: Qatar Airways

Programs: BAEC GfL & GGL, SQ Gold, Amex Centurion, Mucci des Chevaliers des Bons Mots et Qui Savent Moucher
BA lounge isn't great, but boarding takes place directly from it so it's not all bad!
Old Sep 16, 2014, 9:49 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci. Nothing else matters.
Welcome to the BA board, ldntechflyer!

For starters, the Dashboard sticky will point you to this thread: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/briti...h-america.html, which in turn contains this post which has some basic information: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/briti...l#post19996988.
Old Sep 16, 2014, 10:24 am

Programs: BA Gold
I was in the BA lounge at SFO recently. I quite liked it. As msm2000uk says boarding is straight from the lounge and I found the lounge host very attentive making sure everything was in it's place and food/wine replenished frequently and he even personally brought me over some warm cookies!

As well as those there were sandwiches, salad, soup, crackers, cheese, crisps and nuts as well as the normal wine, spirits, coffee etc... British newspapers arrived mid-afternoon and there were some magazines to read. The lounge isn't huge and the view isn't much but it's comfortable and does the job!
Old Sep 16, 2014, 10:58 am
Moderator: Qatar Airways

Programs: BAEC GfL & GGL, SQ Gold, Amex Centurion, Mucci des Chevaliers des Bons Mots et Qui Savent Moucher
Originally Posted by nicochick
I was in the BA lounge at SFO recently. I quite liked it. As msm2000uk says boarding is straight from the lounge and I found the lounge host very attentive making sure everything was in it's place and food/wine replenished frequently and he even personally brought me over some warm cookies!
Sorry, I should have added that the Lounge Manager is one of the best in any BA outstations.

He is a gem and comes in for plenty of praise in another thread on here.
Old Sep 16, 2014, 11:58 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K;BA Silver;AA G;HH Dia;HY Glob
Some SFO lounge threads:
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/briti...ght=sfo+lounge
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/briti...unge-best.html
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/briti...ght=sfo+lounge
Old Sep 16, 2014, 12:23 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, MM *G for life, BAEC Gold
As a fellow UA regular, who occasionally flies BA from SFO, I would say to the OP that the BA Lounge is FAR superior to UA's pathetic offerings in SFO. Go to it, and enjoy real food, and drinks served in real glasses by yourself rather than by a sultry bartender. Enjoy!
Old Sep 16, 2014, 1:26 pm

Programs: BA GGL, Hilton Diamond, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by msm2000uk
Sorry, I should have added that the Lounge Manager is one of the best in any BA outstations.

He is a gem and comes in for plenty of praise in another thread on here.
+1, small lounge (especially F) but one of my favourites
Old Sep 16, 2014, 1:39 pm

Programs: BAEC GGL, Hilton Diamond, Marriott GOLD, Accor Club Gold
The only issue with the SFO lounge is that it is too small comfortably to hold all the pax on a full-ish flight. But it is nice enough, and the manager, indeed, is a star.
Old Sep 16, 2014, 1:59 pm

Programs: Mucci du Miel d'Or
Originally Posted by lhrsfo
Go to it, and enjoy real food, and drinks served in real glasses by yourself rather than by a sultry bartender. Enjoy!
Surly bartender?
Old Sep 16, 2014, 2:13 pm

Programs: BA Gold, TG Gold, HHonors Diamond, SPG Plat
Its a BA lounge. Cathay uses the BA lounge as its flight times do not clash with BA. Interestingly, Cathay bring out additional Chinese food options to cater for its passengers.

AA uses a different terminal building at SFO so that will not factor into your decision.
Old Sep 16, 2014, 2:38 pm

Programs: BA Gold, Hilton Honors Diamond, Mucci de buveur de gin
I used the Cathay lounge last year when I flew back from SFO. It was dead when I was in there at about 4.15pm. Much less cramped than the BA lounge. Lovely staff and decent enough selection of booze.
Old Sep 16, 2014, 3:27 pm

Programs: BAEC silver
I'm flying AA to JFK in F on the transcon A320, is there a lounge offering at SFO?
Old Sep 16, 2014, 3:51 pm

Programs: BA Gold, Hilton Honors Diamond, Mucci de buveur de gin
The Admirals Club I imagine. Have a look at the link Globaliser posted above.
Old Sep 16, 2014, 4:21 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold, SQ Gold, KQ Platinum, IHG Diamond Ambassador, Hilton Gold, Marriott Silver, Accor Silver
Originally Posted by Swampz64
I'm flying AA to JFK in F on the transcon A320, is there a lounge offering at SFO?
You can use the Admirals Club. On the return, if in F transcon, you can use the Flagship Lounge (unfortunately there isn't one at SFO).

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.