Wiki Posts
Search

Short haul+ routes

Search this Thread

Old Sep 11, 2014, 1:29 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Ba gold
Short haul+ routes

I'm aware that HEL and ATH are short haul + routes which earn 80 tp's in CE but which are the other short haul+ routes ? Is LCA one of them ?
Thanks in advance Darren cobb
Old Sep 11, 2014, 1:37 pm
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
London to Agadir, Algiers, Antalya, Athens, Bucharest, Helsinki, Istanbul, Izmir, Kiev, Larnaca, Marrakech, Paphos, Sofia, St Petersburg, Thessaloniki, Tripoli, Tirana, Tunis, Varna, Malta, Heraklion, Mykonos, Rhodes, Bodrum, and Dalaman.

Actually I think my list is out of date, are some of these routes now cancelled? Tunis? Tripoli?

Oh, and MAN-HEL on AY is a shorthaul+ route and gets 80 TPs in CE.
Old Sep 11, 2014, 1:40 pm

Programs: BA Gold, SPG Gold, Club Carlson Gold, Hilton Gold, Priority Club Platinum, Best Western Diamond
Originally Posted by KARFA
London to Agadir, Algiers, Antalya, Athens, Bucharest, Helsinki, Istanbul, Izmir, Kiev, Larnaca, Marrakech, Paphos, Sofia, St Petersburg, Thessaloniki, Tripoli, Tirana, Tunis, Varna, Malta, Heraklion, Mykonos, Rhodes, Bodrum, and Dalaman.

Actually I think my list is out of date, are some of these routes now cancelled? Tunis? Tripoli?

Oh, and MAN-HEL on AY is a shorthaul+ route and gets 80 TPs in CE.
And the Canaries.
Old Sep 11, 2014, 1:43 pm

Originally Posted by cme17
And the Canaries.
Thanks, yes Tenerife as well. I knew my list needed updating!
Old Sep 11, 2014, 1:45 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Ba gold
Thanks for your speedy replies.
Old Sep 11, 2014, 6:16 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Plus MAN-HEL on AY, and LHR-DME on S7 operated by BA—but the same metal on the BA code would get long haul tier points.

There is also a pictorial representation in the first post of this thread: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/briti...er-thread.html
Old Sep 12, 2014, 12:55 am

Originally Posted by Calchas
Plus MAN-HEL on AY, and LHR-DME on S7 operated by BA—but the same metal on the BA code would get long haul tier points.

There is also a pictorial representation in the first post of this thread: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/briti...er-thread.html
I did mention MAN-HEL. The map you linked to is quite a way out of date and misses several of the newer routes, hence why I posted a list instead.
Old Sep 14, 2014, 4:43 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA, BA, Mucci: Sir Roger des Directions Routières, PCR
Originally Posted by cme17
And the Canaries.
Not quite.

TFS and ACE yes. LPA and FUE no.
Old Sep 14, 2014, 5:04 am

Originally Posted by Roger
Not quite.

TFS and ACE yes. LPA and FUE no.
That's a bit strange though isn't it? Are you sure you are correct with those?

LGW-ACE 1683 miles - says on the BA calculator it does get 80 TPs in CE
LGW-TFS 1809 miles - says on the BA calculator it does get 80 TPs in CE

LHR-LPA 1801 miles - says on the BA calculator it does get 80 TPs in CE, why do you think otherwise?

LGW-FUE 1720 miles - says on the BA calculator it only gets 40 TPs in CE - an error perhaps on the calculator?

Are the short haul+ routes defined by distance? More than 1000 miles? All the above would seem to be well over that. LHR-HEL is only 1151 miles and LGW-RAK is only 1407 miles and both are short haul + routes.
Old Sep 14, 2014, 5:17 am

Are the short haul+ routes defined by distance? More than 1000 miles? All the above would seem to be well over that. LHR-HEL is only 1151 miles and LGW-RAK is only 1407 miles and both are short haul + routes.
Is it only BA and AY ex LON that short haul+ applies to?

I'd imagine there are plenty of >1000mi but <2000mi sectors elsewhere in the OW network ...

Example: HEL-SVX on AY in J earns 1624 Avios but only 40 TPs

HEL-LHR in AY in J earns 1418 Avios (it's a shorter route) but 80 TPs
Old Sep 14, 2014, 5:24 am

Originally Posted by shorthauldad
I know that! I don't think anyone was trying to suggest anything differently

I meant why is LGW-FUE down as 40 TPs when it clearly meets the distance requirement which I presume to be more than 1000 miles. Also Roger seemed to think LHR-LPA was not a short haul+ route when it also seems to be.

This has highlighted I do need to update my list though. Once I do it I will add it to the TP run thread wiki.
Old Sep 14, 2014, 5:33 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

That's a bit strange though isn't it?
Yes.
Are you sure you are correct with those?
Leading question . I checked the BA calculator this morning and found 10 TPs for cheapest economy to LPA and FUE, and 20 TPs for cheapest economy to TFS and ACE.
Old Sep 14, 2014, 5:36 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Also Roger seemed to think LHR-LPA was not a short haul+ route when it also seems to be.
What? I seemed to think nothing of the short.

As explained above, I checked the BA calculator. Now if the calculator is wrong, don't blame the messenger. OTOH, if it's right, where do we go from here?
Old Sep 14, 2014, 5:40 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by shorthauldad
Yes, plus MAN-HEL, and S7 ex-LON (although that is actually a codeshare on BA and would earn long haul tier points booked under the BA code).
Old Sep 14, 2014, 6:05 am

Originally Posted by Roger
What? I seemed to think nothing of the short.

As explained above, I checked the BA calculator. Now if the calculator is wrong, don't blame the messenger. OTOH, if it's right, where do we go from here?
Ok, keep your hair on

You did say with some conviction earlier "TFS and ACE yes. LPA and FUE no." I checked and the calculator seems to say TFS, ACE, LPA yes, FUE no.

I wondered why you thought LPA shoulld be a no, was there a reason you thought so? The calculaor says yes. Did you check LGW-LPA on the calculator by any chance? I understand LPA is a seasonal LHR route and doesn't go from LGW. When you check LGW-LPA it throws up 40 TP for CE, but when you check LHR-LPA it correctly gives 80 TPs. I believe I have identified the reason for your error in calling LPA a non-short haul+ route

Also, I agree the calculator says no for FUE, but as I noted earlier I can't see why it would say no. It meets the distance criteria, so perhaps an error on the calculator - I will let you off for this one

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.