Wiki Posts
Search

BA8234 - Sun Air MAN - GOT advice

Search this Thread

Old Aug 27, 2014, 8:14 am
Original Poster

BA8234 - Sun Air MAN - GOT advice

Hi all

Long time lurker, first time poster. Thanks to all for the really helpful advice.

I have an upcoming Avios redemption on Sun Air to Gothenburg before an ex-eu trip to the US.

I am just wondering if anyone has any experience of the Dornier 328JET that I will be flying on? Not much mention of these flights anywhere, especially with Sun Air. I currently have 1D and 1F reserved. I understand these have a three-point seatbelt.

Trying to determine if these are the best seats for a pair and what the chance is of being pushed back for trim purposes?

I have CX Gold so assume I will be fine in the BA lounge at MAN.

Many thanks in advance
Old Aug 27, 2014, 8:18 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci, BA, AF
Welcome to FT!

I will be on that flight in a few months, so please report back!

You'll be able to enter the BA lounge without a problem.
Old Aug 27, 2014, 9:46 am

Programs: Exec Club, Carlson, nh
I travelled on the 328 prop from BLL to LCY a few months back and really enjoyed the experience. The cabin is the same 328 Jet, and you are correct that they have a three point seat belts on the front seat. From memory the best seat is 9A, as it has the emergency exit and therefore lots of leg room.

It's an all economy cabin, however they offer a great product, more in line with club.

If you every have an opportunity to fly on the Jetstream, it's worth it for the experience. Smallest passenger aircraft in BA colours! Quite noisy but lots of fun.

I'm a big fan of the Sun-Air franchise, very friendly and personalised service too!
Old Aug 27, 2014, 9:56 am

Programs: LH, BA, Hilton
I flew GOT-MAN on the Do328Jet last year via an Avios redemption. There was a normal lapbelt on seat 4A.

Fantastic service, its was a great plane and meal and the crew was great.
Old Aug 27, 2014, 10:10 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci, BA, AF
Are there any missing windows, by any chance? The rows don't look like they align with the windows - far too many rows for the number of windows!!
Old Aug 27, 2014, 3:30 pm

Programs: BA Exec Club, Virgin FC
have a look at this...

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/briti...r-bll-man.html

i flew MAN-BLL a few years ago..I had the front seat but got moved right to the back due to balance issues....nice little jet, think of a smaller Avro/146
Old Aug 27, 2014, 4:18 pm
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Welcome jmc85

Originally Posted by jmc85
Hi all

Long time lurker, first time poster. Thanks to all for the really helpful advice.
Let me publicly welcome you, jmc85, to Flyertalk, it's good to see you here, so welcome on board. Though I can see we have a previous report on a similar service, it would be good to have some photos and your impressions afterwards, so please stick around, it's great to have you in this forum.
Old Aug 27, 2014, 4:42 pm

I am a huge fan of the BA Sun Air services, being based not too far from the danish border. Cabin Crew and Cabin Serive has always been very good, far better than the "usual" BA shorthaul service, incl ice creams and p,enty of drinks refills. So far I have only been on the Dornier Jet and Prop, still trying to book a Jetstream trip. Only downside is, they sometimes cancel services just before the 14 days deadline, so be aware of that, but when they did, a quick phpne call had me re routed without any problems. I love the feel of little planes and its great to see them in BA colours. Hope you enjoy your flight with them.
Also the lounge in BLL (not applicable to the OP I know) is very nice indeed and has recently been voted one of the best regional lounges recently.
Enjoy your trip

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.