Wiki Posts
Search

Business class on BA domestic?

Search this Thread

Old Aug 19, 2014, 6:38 am
Original Poster

Programs: BAEC Gold, IHG Silver, HHonors Gold

Just pricing up a quick flit to NY for a football game (aka TP run), and have noticed on ITA Matrix that one flight I have picked has I class listed for a domestic flight:

[/URL]

Would that get 40 TPs?

Incidentally, if anyone can find 480 TPs for a better price, flying out on 3rd October, returning flight leaving on 6th October, I'd love to see it! (as that's only 420 or 440 if I gives 40 on this flight)

Thanks!

Last edited by SpurMan; Aug 19, 2014 at 6:44 am
Old Aug 19, 2014, 6:43 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci, BA, AF
Pretty sure it's 20 TPs for that flight.
Old Aug 19, 2014, 6:45 am

Programs: BA Gold, TG Gold, HHonors Diamond, SPG Plat
No business class on domestic flight

There is a "Business UK" category which get you into the airport lounge but the flight is all one cabin with the same service. Having said that, there is no airport lounge of any kind at LCY.

Its 20 TPs (full short haul economy tier points)
Old Aug 19, 2014, 6:48 am

Programs: BAEC Silver
It'll be a Business UK ticket, as mentioned there is no difference from a normal domestic ticket except for lounge access. However, since you're flying from LCY where there is no lounge your LCY-GLA sector will be not be different from a usual UK domestic flight.

Nice price for 420 TPs though!!
Old Aug 19, 2014, 7:01 am

Programs: Gold Mega Legend
I would not watch the Giants play Atlanta if you paid me £2,442.23
Old Aug 19, 2014, 7:04 am
nux
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold, QF WP
You can get AMS-LCY-JFK return on those dates for under £1800, add in a return LON-AMS ticket and hotel and you're at 520 TP's for under £2k.
Old Aug 19, 2014, 7:43 am

Programs: BAEC (Silver), IHG (Plat Elite)
As others have said, there is no Business Class service on a UK domestic.
I did ask a similar question regarding lounge access before though, sorry, I don't know how to link to another thread. I had a LGW - GLA boarding pass with "Business" printed on it, but after asking at customer services was told it did not include lounge access.
I got the full 20TP, but that was all.
Old Aug 19, 2014, 7:57 am

Programs: I go wherever the content takes me.

Can confirm it's definitely 20TP on "Business UK". Usually a J fare or similar, still a good way to scrape some extra TPs on a multi leg journey.
Old Aug 19, 2014, 8:18 am
Original Poster

Programs: BAEC Gold, IHG Silver, HHonors Gold
Thanks all. Thought it was 20.

And thanks Nux for the tip on the AMS-LCY-JFK route. Just what I was looking for!. Flown the BA1/2/3/4 a few times and love that.

And I'm not going just for the football. The racing at Belmont on the Saturday is the main draw, (2 grade 1s with a friend having an entry in one of them), and especially as I am a Seahawks fan!
Old Aug 19, 2014, 8:52 am
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold. GGL/CCR.
I noticed something strange recently when I had a similar situation to the OP. I wasn't going to raise it separately because it's only a few TPs but given that there's this thread...

I priced up an international trip using ITA. TATLs were in I class. Domestics were showing on ITA as I. When posted to my BAEC they show as C class but only with 10 points each way. Is that what I should have expected?
Old Aug 19, 2014, 8:54 am

Programs: BAEC Silver,clubcard,clubcard plus, BA Amex................ And Mucci x3 ;)
Wonder if they will offer CE & ET should Scotland vote yes
cs
Old Aug 19, 2014, 9:10 am

Programs: BA, Marriott, Hertz, Dennis The Menace Fan Club
Originally Posted by chris1922Mk2
As others have said, there is no Business Class service on a UK domestic.
I did ask a similar question regarding lounge access before though, sorry, I don't know how to link to another thread. I had a LGW - GLA boarding pass with "Business" printed on it, but after asking at customer services was told it did not include lounge access.
I got the full 20TP, but that was all.
Business UK should get you lounge access and priority boarding.
Old Aug 19, 2014, 9:20 am

Programs: BAEC Silver
Originally Posted by nobbyclark
Most definitely.

There is a sign at the entrance to the lounge stating Business UK customers allowed in. Then for priority boarding (certainly at airports with the automated lady announcements) the call goes out for BAEC Gold/Silver, OW Emerald/Sapphire and Business UK ticket holders.
Old Aug 19, 2014, 9:56 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci Extraordinaire, Hilton Diamond, BA Gold (ex BD)
'I' is not business UK. Only full fare J (and I think Y) counts for this benefit (should you be bronze or below, if you're silver and above there's no advantage to this).

I does get you 20 TP though.
Old Aug 19, 2014, 10:12 am

Programs: BA GGL, BA Amex Prem, Amex Plat, Hilton Diamond, Sir Crazy8534 de l'ordres des aides de Pucci
Originally Posted by nobbyclark
Originally Posted by davidrr16
Most definitely.

There is a sign at the entrance to the lounge stating Business UK customers allowed in. Then for priority boarding (certainly at airports with the automated lady announcements) the call goes out for BAEC Gold/Silver, OW Emerald/Sapphire and Business UK ticket holders.
Originally Posted by layz
'I' is not business UK. Only full fare J (and I think Y) counts for this benefit (should you be bronze or below, if you're silver and above there's no advantage to this).

I does get you 20 TP though.
Agree with the above but in this case there is no lounge at LCY and lounge access would be at GLA on the basis of the US airways business ticket anyway I think (even if OP were not already Gold).

I have previously noticed that AA sometimes sell BA domestic connections on 'business' fare codes that do not qualify for lounge access but gain 20 TPs.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.