Lloyds Bank Amex Upgrade Voucher

Old Jul 31, 2014, 10:00 pm
Original Poster

Programs: BAEC Gold
Lloyds Bank Amex Upgrade Voucher

I want to use my voucher to upgrade to J on LHR-SIN. Does anyone know whether there must be award availability in both classes to use the upgrade voucher or is it sufficient that there is availability in the higher class.

It is fairly rare for both WT+ and J availability to appear on the same flight especially some time out from the flight which will be the case for any return leg.

Many thanks for any advice
Old Aug 1, 2014, 1:17 am

Programs: BA IHG
Originally Posted by MrCheapSeats
I want to use my voucher to upgrade to J on LHR-SIN. Does anyone know whether there must be award availability in both classes to use the upgrade voucher or is it sufficient that there is availability in the higher class.

It is fairly rare for both WT+ and J availability to appear on the same flight especially some time out from the flight which will be the case for any return leg.

Many thanks for any advice
I seem to recall reading somewhere that it is only availability in the upgraded class that you need to find. It may have been on headforpoints blog I saw that.
Old Aug 1, 2014, 12:44 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor Badge

Programs: BA, VS, HH, IHG, MB, MR
This is the piece, based on a readers story. Above statement seems correct.

http://www.headforpoints.com/2014/07...s-credit-card/
Old Aug 1, 2014, 7:54 pm
Original Poster

Programs: BAEC Gold
Thanks for the link. I'd better start keeping an eye out for J award availability!
Old Aug 1, 2014, 8:28 pm
Suspended
Hilton Contributor Badge

Yes. I have redeemed one myself, note that if there are 2 passengers you can actually use the voucher to upgrade 2 passengers one way rather than one passenger return.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.