Wiki Posts
Search

Best CW seats on 787

Search this Thread

Old Jul 31, 2014, 2:42 pm
Original Poster

Programs: BA Gold
Best CW seats on 787

Hi, very quick one - I'm 6' 4" and looking for best leg room seats in CW on the 787 as I'm heading to YYC from LHR in March.

Has anyone flown on the 787; if so can you give me some general tips on seating.

Thanks
Old Jul 31, 2014, 2:59 pm

Programs: Iron Maiden FC, GE, Rapidly falling down the Tiers to oblivion.
There are a couple of threads for this but on iphone and searching for them is annoying so: having just flown to/from toronto on the 787, take 3a as it does i believe have more legroom and no loo on that side. The middle seat in row 3 may be good too as well (im in that seat to/from yyz in 3 weeks) as i believe it is wider shoulder wise, but you can sit and stare at that superb wing and engine from 3a (or other side of plane at window in row 3 but loo is 'behind' your feet). Not sure about the rear 2 row cw cabin but it's in the lap of wtp.. Try searching for 787, there were good pics from the inaugural flights reported on here.

Last edited by jcm9000; Jul 31, 2014 at 3:09 pm
Old Aug 1, 2014, 2:47 am

Programs: BAEC
I sat in 3A last week. It's the last row of the first of the two CW cabins. So you get privacy as well as the ability to get to the aisle without stepping over anyone. Also a nice view out the window.
Old Aug 1, 2014, 2:51 am

I'm almost as tall as you are.
Old Aug 1, 2014, 5:39 am

Programs: LH FTL, BA Silver, Thameslink Delay Repay
I'm on the firecracker for the first time on Monday and went for 3A after all the rave reviews - I'll make sure to grab some pics!
Old Aug 1, 2014, 7:57 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, IHG & Accor Plat...
Slightly OT, but a word to the wise - if anyone is tempted (or forced) to travel WT+, dont take the last row in a 787 - the seats don't fully recline due to the bulkhead wall behind them.

Uber disappointing on an overnight flight, particularly if the seat in front is fully reclined. Also, you have to march the length of the economy cabin to use the loo, as access to the CW loos just a few rows away at the front of the cabin is banned by the dreaded velvet rope.... (not a criticism of that policy, but my experience in WT+ on a BA 747 is that it has loos in close proximity).
Old Aug 1, 2014, 12:10 pm

Programs: BA Gold, *A Gold, IHG Platinum
I found 7A pretty good as I didn't have to step over anybody to get out.
Old Aug 1, 2014, 2:22 pm

Programs: BA, AA, FB
I can only reiterate all the suggestions so far for 3A.
Old Aug 1, 2014, 2:48 pm

Originally Posted by LostAntipod
Slightly OT, but a word to the wise - if anyone is tempted (or forced) to travel WT+, dont take the last row in a 787 - the seats don't fully recline due to the bulkhead wall behind them.

Uber disappointing on an overnight flight, particularly if the seat in front is fully reclined. Also, you have to march the length of the economy cabin to use the loo, as access to the CW loos just a few rows away at the front of the cabin is banned by the dreaded velvet rope.... (not a criticism of that policy, but my experience in WT+ on a BA 747 is that it has loos in close proximity).
This is a brand new aircraft for BA - how can they plan it like this? It really is unfair to passengers sat in these seats.
Old Aug 1, 2014, 2:51 pm
TBD

Programs: All The Programs
I second (third? fourth?) the recommendation for 3A, though I'd think 3K, 7A, and 7K have the same benefits. The window seats really are closed off from the rest of the cabin. It's very private.
Old Aug 1, 2014, 2:58 pm

Just did 7K to AUS and it was a good seat with a little extra legroom.
Old Aug 1, 2014, 3:54 pm

Programs: BAEC, FB, QANTAS, IHG, Hilton, Marriott, AVIS Preferred, MRAeS
I don't think there's a lot in it and I think you will be happy enough with 3A. Personally I preferred the aisle 3B just because it was easier to get out when the table and screen were deployed. You may find the same if you are tall. I'm trying 1A later this month.
Old Aug 1, 2014, 4:08 pm
Hilton Contributor BadgeAccor Contributor Badge

Programs: HH D, Rad VIP, Marriott G
I'd also chime in for row 3 windows, then row 7 windows.

Not much in it though, the ones to avoid are more important:

row 1 and 2 middle CW seats. These have no overhead locker space and row 1 middle seats foot rests are half in the aisle so you may find it being bumped during flight.

Row 1 window would be okay as well but row 3 is slightly preferred as it has easy access to aisle whereas 1 you have to go over someone else's feet.

For food go with row 3 (over row 7) due to length of time it takes to get back to you.

First row of WT+ is quite good as well if anyone is in that cabin.
Old Aug 1, 2014, 5:02 pm

Programs: SK EBG, BAEC Gold, LH FTL, FBP, CCG, HH Diamond
3E hands down. Access to both aisles and very private...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.