Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Confused: No tier points when booking on German BA site? Or website bug?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jul 29, 2014, 4:00 am
Original Poster

Programs: LH Sen, BA Gold

Wanted to book a TXL-LHR-MAN return fare. Tried on the German website, chose Club fare as it was cheaper than the Economy fares that were available - so likely a strongly discounted fare. Then looked into the German equivalent of "About your flights" -> "Features of your flight" and was surprised to find a statement that the flight would not earn tier points (in German "Für diesen Tarif erhalten Sie keine Executive Club Statuspunkte").

Switched the language on the web site to English, tried the same booking, got the same price, and under "About your flights" -> "Features of your flight" it states "This fare will earn Executive Club Tier Points".

My question: is this a web site problem, or is it possible that some fares don't earn tier points when booked via the German BA web site? Seems unusual to me.

In general, does BA have a habit of offering discounted club fares that don't earn tier points?
Old Jul 29, 2014, 4:05 am

Programs: BA Silver
I wonder if its a translation issue. BA often have trouble making their English website clear, so I'd not be surprised if that was the case.

I've never heard of any flights bought directly from BA not earning TPs.
Old Jul 29, 2014, 4:10 am
Suspended

Programs: UA 1K

I don't believe there is a non-TP fare booking class for CE available. It's a (non-surprising) website mistake. For insurance, though, take a screenshot of the English page in case you have to retro-claim.
Old Jul 29, 2014, 4:14 am
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
I have just had a look, chose some random dates in October for th same route. On the Price Quote page under "About your flights" I clicked on "View all features" and the pop up box says:

This fare will earn Executive Club Tier Points
Tried exactly teh same on the BA German site, in German, and the pop up box says:

Für diesen Tarif erhalten Sie keine Executive Club Statuspunkte
As you say that seems to say no TPs or avios. I can't think of any reason why you wouldn't get TPs and avios as normal so I really suspect this is a translation error on ba.com.
Old Jul 29, 2014, 4:35 am
Hilton Contributor BadgeAccor Contributor Badge

Programs: HH D, Rad VIP, Marriott G
Mistake on the German site. (assuming you are flying BA on BA metal).

When I did a dummy booking it shows 120 TP's for the return flights. (40 for each CE leg and 20 for each domestic).

You can check this at the stage where it shows your flights and total pricing, the stage before you put in pax details. If you click on the flight info it shows the various features such as lounge access, baggage limits and food, etc...and at the bottom it shows the TP's you would earn. (albeit only on two of the four segments but never mind!):

Flight Features
by BA_pics, on Flickr

HTH

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.