Community
Wiki Posts
Search

241 Voucher Questions

Search this Thread

Old Jul 21, 2014, 12:38 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA Executive Club Silver, Virgin Atlantic Flying Club, Alamo Insiders, Avis Preferred, Hertz Gold
241 Voucher Questions

Due to hitting the required spending threshold on my German BA Barclaycard, I have earned my first ever 241 voucher. I'm about to use it on redeeming two Avios flights to Israel next year.

My understanding is that tickets booked with Avios are changeable and fully refundable upon paying a small service charge. On BA's website it looks like the cost would be €15 per ticket - although that seems to be referring to fully flexible tickets booked with cash. Is anybody able to confirm this? The only reason I ask is that, should the Israel/Gaza situation get a lot worse, we may want to either rearrange our trip or cancel it altogether.

Finally, I had an email from BA yesterday advising me that I had earned another companion voucher - this came as a complete surprise as I had only spent enough to earn one 241 and therefore I assumed it was just a duplicate email. However, I checked my Executive Club account and it wasn't - I now have two vouchers awaiting redemption. I suspect that it may be a glitch on Barclaycard's side so might have to contact them to see what the story is (although I guess that comes with the risk of them getting BA to remove the voucher). Has anybody else had such an experience at all?
Old Jul 21, 2014, 2:11 am

Yes, Avios tickets are fully flexible. You can change them or cancel them for a full refund of Avios and fees for a small service fee, which is something like €15 (or is it £25?) per ticket.
Old Jul 21, 2014, 2:24 am
nux
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold, QF WP
€15 is only the service centre fee. €42.50 is the change/cancellation fee per passenger.

If you cancel/change online, it will be €42.50 per person. If you cancel/change by calling, it will be €57.50 per person.

http://www.britishairways.com/en-gb/...d-service-fees
Old Jul 21, 2014, 2:32 am

Originally Posted by nux
€15 is only the service centre fee. €42.50 is the change/cancellation fee per passenger.
Is it that much now? I remember it being about £25 per person last time I cancelled a flight a couple of years ago.
Old Jul 21, 2014, 2:36 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor Badge

Programs: BA, VS, HH, IHG, MB, MR
£35 now, hence Euro 42.50
Old Jul 21, 2014, 2:39 am
nux
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold, QF WP
Originally Posted by SteveF
Is it that much now? I remember it being about £25 per person last time I cancelled a flight a couple of years ago.
Changed earlier this year: BAEC changes: Gold award change/cancel fees introduced
Old Jul 21, 2014, 9:01 am
Suspended

And don't forget that there needs to be award availability on the flights you want to change to.
Old Jul 22, 2014, 12:24 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA Executive Club Silver, Virgin Atlantic Flying Club, Alamo Insiders, Avis Preferred, Hertz Gold
Thanks for the clarification regarding the cancellation/change fee. I just need to work out why I have the additional 241 voucher...
Old Jul 22, 2014, 2:10 am

Programs: BA BLUE BADGE
Originally Posted by BertieWooster
Thanks for the clarification regarding the cancellation/change fee. I just need to work out why I have the additional 241 voucher...
Maybe they are 2-4-1

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.