Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Is it time for BA to get new uniforms?

Search this Thread

Old Apr 18, 2014, 3:38 am

Yes the BA uniform is rather boring. They need to keep up with the times in so many ways.
Old Apr 18, 2014, 4:16 am

Programs: BA Gold, TK Elite, AZ CFP
I really like the BA uniform, smart and elegant at the same time.
Agreed with CWS some uniforms are horrible, I hope BA decides not to "enhance" their uniform for a bit.
Old Apr 18, 2014, 4:38 am

There is also the issue of proper grooming. Some outport contract staff just don't treat the uniform seriously. I have seen plenty of unironed shirts, half-undone ties etc.
Old Apr 18, 2014, 5:13 am
Suspended

Programs: *A G, OW S.
I think the current uniform is a timeless classic that looks really good apart from the hat which I think is awful. Keep the rest, adopt something similar to the LH hat and the red AF gloves and it would be perfect!
Old Apr 18, 2014, 5:19 am

Programs: ABBA
Originally Posted by G-ARVE
There are, in my very humble opinion and based on personal experience, rather a few other aspects material to customer service/retention ahead of uniforms in the priorities for BA's where shall we invest next queue.
^

I could't give a stuff about a crew's uniform. I care about the service they give (or often don't give)
Old Apr 18, 2014, 5:28 am
Suspended

Programs: BA, AF, LH
Originally Posted by BA0197
Best airline uniform out there.
You've never flown SQ nor MH then?
Old Apr 18, 2014, 5:57 am
Suspended

Programs: UA 1K
Originally Posted by Pogmothoin
You've never flown SQ nor MH then?
^
Old Apr 18, 2014, 6:56 am

Programs: BA Gold, Accor Silver, Flying Blue Zilch, East Coast Rewards Lots&lots, Miles & More nada
Originally Posted by themapelligroup
I really like the BA uniform, smart and elegant at the same time.
Agreed with CWS some uniforms are horrible, I hope BA decides not to "enhance" their uniform for a bit.
I'm not sure c-w-s is an entirely disinterested party in this matter:

Originally Posted by corporate-wage-slave
Plus a plea that any woollen components are made in Hawick with British wool.
Old Apr 18, 2014, 7:09 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

It's a very smart uniform that has a good sense of the brand and also represents one of Britain's hero sectors, tailoring. As others have noted there are many other things in the BA universe requiring cash before we get to the uniform.

The AF uniforms are very silly looking, beaten only by the EK wimple/veil/gaudy mess in the so-glad-I don't-have-to -wear-that stakes.
Old Apr 18, 2014, 11:32 am

I also think the BA uniform is timeless and smart. From what I've seen it looks particularly hard-wearing, which I guess in that job is a must.

Walking around foreign airports you can't help think on some of them "I seriously hope you get paid a lot of money to wear that"!
Old Apr 18, 2014, 11:47 am
Suspended

Programs: SQ LPPS, A3 *G, BA Silver aiming for Bronze
I'll also vote for the current uniform to be a timeless classic - but I also think the hat is just wrong, there must be something that could be done with it!

Compared to the last uniform which was awful and no one looked smart in this one is a winner.

There are far bigger things that BA needs to spend money on right now than the uniform.
Old Apr 18, 2014, 11:59 am

Programs: BAEC , M&M , VIRGIN FC , FLYING BLUE
got to go along with it being classic and timeless

id hate to see them move to anything silly and garish like some airlines

think about whether you would be happy wearing it ?
Old Apr 18, 2014, 1:23 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold/OWE, several MUCCI, and assorted Pensions!
Any change that "flatters the fuller figure" (M or F) will suit me fine. I really hate seeing stretched skirts and bulging jackets ... and that applies to both sides of the house

And a bit of colour highlight/trim would be nice, but would cost Waterside at least £10,000 so that's scrubbed from the agenda.
Old Apr 18, 2014, 1:24 pm

Programs: BAEC Bronze, AS MVP Gold 75K, Hyatt Globalist
Doubt that Vivienne Westwood will be used- would imagine that VS' lawyers made sure VW could not design for anyone else whilst the VS uniform was current. Then again some would argue missing out on a VW designed uniform is a good thing!
Old Nov 25, 2023, 7:16 pm

Programs: None
Originally Posted by kitbag1984
Yes the BA uniform is rather boring. They need to keep up with the times in so many ways.
No it's not. The new uniform definitely IS.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.