Wiki Posts
Search

LHR boarding passes

Search this Thread

Old Mar 21, 2014, 7:12 am
Original Poster

Programs: British Airways Executive Club Silver
LHR boarding passes

If I have a boarding pass for a flight operating out of T3, but I want to go from landside to airside at T5 (and then switch to T3 airside), provided I self-scan to get past security, is this possible?
Old Mar 21, 2014, 7:15 am

Programs: BA Brown
No it is not.
Old Mar 21, 2014, 7:15 am

Programs: BA Gold, Hilton Honors Diamond, Mucci de buveur de gin
Nope.
Old Mar 21, 2014, 7:16 am

Programs: BA Gold; Swiss Blue
LHR boarding passes

Quite sure this is not possible... Can only pass from landslide to airside in the terminal your flight departs from.
Old Mar 21, 2014, 7:39 am

Programs: BA- blue, BD,DL
LHR boarding passes

Why do you want to do this? I think it may be possible to go from T3 airside to T5 airside and back to T3 airside but only if you need to do shopping in T5.
Old Mar 21, 2014, 7:42 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci, BA, AF
I think the transfer terminal service for shopping reasons isn't available to T5.
Old Mar 21, 2014, 1:39 pm
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Originally Posted by highpeaklad
Why do you want to do this? I think it may be possible to go from T3 airside to T5 airside and back to T3 airside but only if you need to do shopping in T5.
Originally Posted by BA6501
I think the transfer terminal service for shopping reasons isn't available to T5.
Correct, because everyone going airside in T5 needs to have an electronic docket set up under Ready to Fly. This links baggage, visa, seating and a range of other items. So if you don't have a same day flight out of T5, you can have no docket, and therefore you can't get in. Must be the only time that shopping plays second fiddle to flying in Heathrow.
Old Mar 21, 2014, 2:32 pm
Original Poster

Programs: British Airways Executive Club Silver
The reason why I ask is because I am BA Silver but flying on another airline out of Terminal 3.

Really would have liked to use the lounge in T5 pre-flight!!
Old Mar 21, 2014, 2:52 pm

Programs: BA Silver, Velocity Gold
They wouldn't let you into a BA lounge without a same day OW boarding pass anyway....
Old Mar 21, 2014, 2:59 pm

Programs: BAEC Silver
There is a ba lounge at t3 but unless you are on one world you cannot get in
Old Mar 21, 2014, 3:03 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold, SQ Gold, KQ Platinum, IHG Diamond Ambassador, Hilton Gold, Marriott Silver, Accor Silver
Originally Posted by IverTheCat
The reason why I ask is because I am BA Silver but flying on another airline out of Terminal 3.

Really would have liked to use the lounge in T5 pre-flight!!
As per oneworld rules, you can only access a oneworld lounge if departing on a oneworld carrier.

http://www.oneworld.com/ffp/lounge-access

There are three oneworld lounges in T3 (AA, BA, CX), but standard oneworld rules apply.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.