Community
Wiki Posts
Search

BA Club World Menus

Search this Thread

Old Mar 12, 2014, 7:10 am
Moderator: Qatar Airways
Original Poster

Programs: BAEC GfL & GGL, SQ Gold, Amex Centurion, Mucci des Chevaliers des Bons Mots et Qui Savent Moucher
BA Club World Menus

Afternoon All,

I will be traveling out to MCT in a couple of weeks with the soon to be Mrs M. We will be flying CW and she usually orders a Kosher meal.

However, as I am hoping for some sort of miracle upgrade, I have learnt that a Special Meal will harm the chances. I am BAEC Gold, and we will have been married for 3 days, so very much 'honeymoon phase' - the Check-In staff may be nice and upgrade...who knows.

However, if the Upgrade doesnt come, I'd like to know the menu for the flight to ensure there will be something for my other half to eat (ideally a white fish of some sort).

Can anyone help?

Many thanks!

M

Last edited by msm2000uk; Mar 12, 2014 at 9:03 am
Old Mar 12, 2014, 7:20 am

Programs: BA Gold
Originally Posted by msm2000uk
Afternoon All,

I will be traveling out to MCT in a couple of weeks with the soon to be Mrs M. We will be flying CW and she usually orders a Kosher meal.

However, as I am hoping for some sort of miracle upgrade, I have learnt that a Special Meal will harm the chances. I am BAEC Gold, and we will have been married for 3 days, so very much 'honeymoon phase' - the Check-In staff may be nice and upgrade...who knows.

However, if the Upgrade doesnt come, I'd like to know the menu for the flight to ensure there will be something for my other half to eat (ideally a white fish of some sort).

Can anyone help?

Many thanks!

M
Your airline status will only come into consideration if the airline decides it needs to upgrade passengers due to operational reasons, i.e. oversold cabin.

I would assume the upgrade doesn't come. It is highly unlikely you will get any special treatment at check in.

Hedging your bets on an operational upgrade is always a path to disappointment.
Old Mar 12, 2014, 7:23 am
Original Poster

Programs: BAEC GfL & GGL, SQ Gold, Amex Centurion, Mucci des Chevaliers des Bons Mots et Qui Savent Moucher
I agree entirely, and I am quite happy with CW, but you never know.

The other point to note, and this will probably only be ratified by a fellow Kosher-meal diner, is that the Kosher-meal tends to be a little, well, terrible. Therefore, if I can ensure Mrs M will be able to dine on a nicer option (CW), then I can save myself the hassle.

Additionally, I have been advised by FT members, that the Kosher meal is not served on the MCT-LHR routing (departure is at 00:01) so it is purely for the Outbound that she would need it.

M
Old Mar 12, 2014, 8:44 am

Programs: Delta Diamond, United 1K, BA Blue, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Gold, Amex Platinum
Auto-correct fail or misusing an apostrophe in thread's title? Sorry, this sort of thing drives me around a bend.
Old Mar 12, 2014, 9:01 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, EI Silver, HH Gold, BW Gold, ABP, Seigneur des Horaires des Mucci
Originally Posted by techie
Auto-correct fail or misusing an apostrophe in thread's title? Sorry, this sort of thing drives me around a bend.
I thought the same when I read it!
Old Mar 12, 2014, 9:03 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by stifle
I thought the same when I read it!
Amended.
Old Mar 12, 2014, 9:26 am

Programs: BA bronze, Hertz pres circle, Marriott Platinum, hilton diamond
have you checked the loads on the flight? what are the dates?
Old Mar 12, 2014, 9:42 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by aceman
have you checked the loads on the flight? what are the dates?
Flying out 27th March and returning 2nd April. 27th, on a dummy booking, looks busy in F, but 2nd April is quiet in F.
Old Mar 12, 2014, 10:10 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

It's only an airline discussion forum.
Old Mar 12, 2014, 10:34 am
Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Originally Posted by HIDDY
Indeed, it's an IBB and the 'spelling and grammar police' on here drive me round the bend

We don't even know if English is the OP's first language but even if it is there are really is no need for posts as above.

Why not HELP the OP with his question rather than posting uncalled for irrelevant posts about grammar etc. @:-)

The OP is fairly new to Flyertalk as well and these kind of posts really don't help with folks confidence about posting on here.

To the OP, and in answer to your question I hope someone can help answer about Menu's
ttama likes this.
Old Mar 12, 2014, 10:40 am

Programs: BA Silver, Velocity Gold
Originally Posted by HIDDY
Apostrophe police have no jurisdiction's
Old Mar 12, 2014, 10:59 am

LUNCH | London-Abu Dhabi

Starters

- A traditional meze plate featuring parsley and chilli hummus, aubergine mutabbal, chick peas, cumin and lentil salad

- Devon crab with mango, lime and coriander timbale with red pepper coulis

Salad

- Fresh seasonal salad served with vinaigrette

Main

- Beef and tomato stew with vermicelli rice, grilled red and green peppers, courgette and aubergine

- Roasted corn-fed chicken with sage and onion stuffing, roasted potatoes, savoy cabbage and chicken jus

- Vegetable Keralan curry with coriander rice

- Chilled main course Niçoise salad with Bradan Rost salmon and classic vinaigrette

Desert

- Chocolate and chilli tart with raspberry confit

- Coastal Cheddar and Somerset Camembert cheese served with grapes and biscuits

A Selection of fruit

Tea, coffee and chocolates

Afternoon Tea | London-Abu Dhabi

Snacks

- An individual selection of sandwiches featuring herb chicken with roasted tomatoes, smoked salmon and Wensleydale cheese with carrot chutney

Sweets

- Buttermilk or fruit scones served warm with clotted cream and strawberry preserve
Old Mar 12, 2014, 10:59 am
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold. GGL/CCR.
Originally Posted by msm2000uk
Flying out 27th March and returning 2nd April. 27th, on a dummy booking, looks busy in F, but 2nd April is quiet in F.
27th March LHR-MCT is wide open in CW (i.e. at least 9 seats available for purchase). So is the return on 2nd April. As such, and all other things remaining equal, unless you have special powers or the honeymoon angels are working overtime I would not get your hopes up for any upgrades.

You probably know this already but there are no Avios upgrade available either way.

I wonder why you can't order a kosher meal from Muscat!!
Old Mar 12, 2014, 11:04 am

Programs: Delta Diamond, United 1K, BA Blue, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Gold, Amex Platinum
Originally Posted by PETER01
We don't even know if English is the OP's first language but even if it is there are really is no need for posts as above.

Why not HELP the OP with his question rather than posting uncalled for irrelevant posts about grammar etc. @:-)

The OP is fairly new to Flyertalk as well and these kind of posts really don't help with folks confidence about posting on here.
It is a double-edged sword. Some people welcome feedback, especially if English is not their native tongue, while others detest it. This is why I asked for clarification. Apologies if any offence was caused unintentionally.
Old Mar 12, 2014, 11:04 am

Absolutely ^

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.