Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Denied entry in Galleries First in T3

Search this Thread

Old Feb 21, 2014, 6:15 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Originally Posted by Land-of-Miles
I would out of sheer curiosity love to know how this works in reverse. So if I want to credit AA flights to AA I presume I cannot use my BA card to gain access to the AC or FL?
Unfortunately I know the answer: if you physically have the card then you can either access either / both AC - FL. I went through a phase of putting Miles on to AA after 6,000 TPs - this was before the recent changes giving more baubles after 6k, plus the Lifetime issue, so I won't be doing that again: the AA number infected my bookings for yonks. But no problem as far as access was concerned, though some lounge agents, after much digging around, would point out the apparent but deliberate discrepancy.
Old Feb 21, 2014, 7:19 am

Programs: BA LifetimeGold GGL/CCR
There are some reasons why access to a lounge might be refused (without pretending that this is the case for the OP): lounge full or almost full (safety issue), passenger not properly dressed, name on boarding pass not matching exactly with name on BAEC card (possible issue when boarding passed is not issued by BA),.... Is it not so that lounge access is a privilege and not a right?
Old Feb 21, 2014, 7:26 am

Programs: BA- blue, BD,DL
Denied entry in Galleries First in T3

Not properly dressed?!!!!
Old Feb 21, 2014, 7:30 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci, BAEC LT Gold, HH Dia, MR LT Plat, IHG Diamond Amb, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by highpeaklad
Some of the sights I have seen in the CCR the bar is set pretty low for "proper dress". The particular highlight was the woman wearing full running attire.
Old Feb 21, 2014, 7:31 am

Programs: BAEC Silver,clubcard,clubcard plus, BA Amex................ And Mucci x3 ;)
I'm still confused why BA do not simply have a well trained and dedicated lounge team rather than everyone doing everything ?

cs
Old Feb 21, 2014, 7:33 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by cornishsimon
I'm still confused why BA do not simply have a well trained and dedicated lounge team rather than everyone doing everything ?

cs
Oh come now you surely know the answer to that dont you?

Fill in the missing letters:-

r_d_ce_ c_s__
Old Feb 21, 2014, 7:34 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Originally Posted by highpeaklad
Some of the sights I have seen in the CCR the bar is set pretty low for "proper dress". The particular highlight was the woman wearing full running attire.
Plus men in the 40s /50s in tatty khaki shorts.

I can only dream for the day that the lounge agent peers over her half-moons and pronounces "you're not coming in here dressed like that!". It doesn't actually happen.
Old Feb 21, 2014, 7:35 am
Suspended

Programs: BAEC Silver, Flying Blue Gold, Gulf Air Silver, Aegean Gold, M&M FQTV, Air Malta Diamond
Is it not so that lounge access is a privilege and not a right?
Only for an airline that intends to commit commercial suicide.
Old Feb 21, 2014, 7:36 am

Originally Posted by patvan
passenger not properly dressed?
What is properly dressed? As long as they have a valid reason for entry (status or an F ticket) they will be allowed in as long as they are wearing at least footwear of some kind, shorts and a T-shirt. Apart from that there is no dress code in First or the CCR.
Old Feb 21, 2014, 7:38 am

Programs: AA 2MM - PLT, BA GGL, SPG Plat, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by cornishsimon

cs
How about also having this dedicated team trained and empowered to deal with mis-connects and irreg ops like the AAngels.
Old Feb 21, 2014, 7:49 am

Programs: BAEC Silver,clubcard,clubcard plus, BA Amex................ And Mucci x3 ;)
Originally Posted by Moomba
How about also having this dedicated team trained and empowered to deal with mis-connects and irreg ops like the AAngels.

Dedicated lounge team could also be trained in ticketing and empowered to reroute when needed.

But I have a far too simplistic view of the world, or so it's suggested often on here

Oh come now you surely know the answer to that dont you?

Fill in the missing letters:-

r_d_ce_ c_s__

Nope, far too thick to work it out !!

cs
Old Feb 21, 2014, 7:56 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

That costs money, BA doesn't spend money on improving services.

That is how it is. Much as I would like it to be different. The only way something like this would get off the ground is if it could be shown to save an equivalent amount of spend at least if implemented.

So there is no point making suggestions unless you construct the entire business case too
Old Feb 21, 2014, 7:57 am

Programs: AA 2MM - PLT, BA GGL, SPG Plat, Hilton Diamond
That costs money, BA doesn't spend money on improving services.

That is how it is. Much as I would like it to be different. The only way something like this would get off the ground is if it could be shown to save an equivalent amount of spend at least if implemented.

So there is no point making suggestions unless you construct the entire business case too
We can dream of a better life though.
Old Feb 21, 2014, 8:00 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

We can dream of a better life though.
Well I would settle for a better airline (was going to type wife, but she would see and beat me later)
Old Feb 21, 2014, 8:04 am
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club

Programs: Battleaxe Alliance
Originally Posted by HighLife
But have I, fore example, in thousands of flights ever been refused entry to a lounge or had issues? No... in fact quite the opposite.
Same here. Having said that, you and I probably have not tried to do anything somewhat unusual or without status, which probably reduced our chance of having problems.

I have had two instances of problem accessing a lounge. One was on LH short haul Y, when BMI kindly did not send me the new membership card and I did not have a current one. Although my status was shown on the boarding pass, it was insufficient. That was the only time ever.

The other one was half-refusal. It was on BA at CDG when AF was their contract lounge. They did not want to let me in with QF OWE and said it was only for CE or BA Silver/Gold and not other OW (this was AF lounge staff, not BA staff). But they turned round and said I can come in as an exception anyway.

I have had some very interesting encounters for using two frequent flyer schemes though. I'm OWE with BA and QF. The OWE extra baggage issue causes me an interesting problem at times, because QF OWE don't get extra baggage but BA OWE do, on QF domestic J. I credit my QF flights to QF most of the time (it earns more). After having had to stand around for a ridiculous length of time at bag drop for some time, Finnair tool became fairly important as I sometimes use QF flight to upgrade, and change it to BA for extra baggage to reduce the confusion at check-in (then I change it back to QF at the lounge entrance).

Last edited by LTN Phobia; Feb 21, 2014 at 8:11 am

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.